Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPSC, EGameStudio And Beyond

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 05:22 Edited at: 17th Mar 2007 05:32
I am sure many of you have seen my post on "About Selling FPSC Games" and have seen me make posts in other areas. Well this post will cover certain things and is intended to once again progress the already developed areas of making and selling games.

We all are working on our own FPSC games, with some of us wanting to sell them, those of us wanting to give them away for free, and for some of us to use FPSC as a teaching model in game making period.

When I first started the idea of doing a store, I must admit the first store I set up was sad, and with the criticism and feedback of everyone, it became something I never envisioned in the first place. But I can say, it became better then my original idea. Because of the ideas of everyone and the feedback, it really inspired me to work harder and develop something more serious.

Then along the way everyone learned about the success of Nano Games. FPSC was proven to be able to be picked up by a publisher and sold in stores. After that, it was proven this was possible.

Nano Games was in contact with me before that post and I was already in contact with different people before that post was even made. Then it occurred to me a post that was made before that. What if we had some people come together and make a ultimate FPSC game. I will admit I am not a big dog in the gaming industry but I do have some contacts for independent stores and other places. Nothing like on a Wal-Mart store chain, but something. I even have said to Nano Games that I cannot guarantee that I can get a game picked up, but that I have people who would at least listen. I myself am making a few FPSC games that I will be presenting, and who knows. I figure I never expected the store to turn out the way it did, so I expect this to be the same, and yes, in a good way.

My proposal here is this. I would like to find someone, maybe even two people who would like to make a serious joint effort in developing a serious game, and not just for money, but for accomplishment too. I want to make a joint venture game and take it to see how far we can get it. I figure if there is one or two people out there who want to do this, we could collaborate ideas, put each other skills into it, create a product and then take it to the market ourselves and see where it can lead.

Some may think I am crazy, and hey it may be crazy, but "No Guts, No Glory." I am coming to the forum first because I would think that maybe there are some people who believe in FPSC enough that they would want to do something like this. Worse case scenario, no one will be interested, this thread will disappear. The reason why I want to make a joint effort is because as the saying goes, two minds are better then one. We all have skills to contribute. Sure anyone can build a game by themselves, but I want to go beyond that and work with some people who want to make a serious project.

Heres my thoughts. One person is designated as the person who holds the content on their computer, I would say the person how has the most time and is the most talented to do the work and be credited as the head designer and developer of the title. Exchange ideas through email, then implement them into the game. When the game is complete, then I would use my marketing efforts, and if anyone else had any we could use their contacts. One thing I have not disclosed to anyone is that I am going to be registering for a GS1 for a new division I am calling PAS Games or Phair Games. I have not decided on the exact title yet, and am still in the decision making of the title, but this will be a registered company in Ann Arbor, MI. hopefully around April or May. After that, then whatever name I pick, that entity will be getting a GS1 for it to sell the game products. The reason I am doing this is because I am not going to just sell on my store but also will be selling on such places as Amazon.Com as well as other big retail places that require a GS1.

Also for my online store EGameStudio.Com, I have an affiliate network I will be building which works on a pay-per-sale basis. I also have a affiliate program I will be implementing to advertise the game cheats website which will then advertise the store and different games listed in the store. Plus I have a podcast that I am re-registering with iTunes because I do not think the registration went through the first time. Also, have made a cheat codes website which will advertise EGameStudio.Com and the different games there including independent games. The game cheats website is going to have new games and codes added every 10 days and the database of games is small now but will grow over time.

I am scheduling radio ads for April on various stations and am working with a agency to get this accomplished. I am working with a advertising company that has some unique website advertising to advertise the websites. Plus, as early as this fall, or as late as the beginning of 2008, I will be getting involved in TV ads. I am going to make my own commercials which will be animated commercials. I will be honest, that the TV commercials, like the radio commercials to start off with will be in a limited area. I also am going to be submitting my games for free to game centers who will use the games to have their customers play, in exchange for them giving free exposure. I am going to be doing this for Nano Games as well.

I know that many people here may be wondering if this is true or not and all I can say is that I have been a member of this community long enough to hopefully show you I am honest and sincere. But as I said, if no one is interested in doing this, then it is OK and I understand, but, do not be surprised when I get listed in a TGC newsletter. Because after I accomplish getting a GS1 and getting listed with Amazon and some other people, I am going to write a testimonial to TGC about how I made FPSC work for me and it will hopefully land me in a newsletter. I am saying this to be honest and not brag, because I am not aiming to sell my games on a small level. I want to grow and develop and do something big. I figure, if I can think it I can do it. Anyone who wants to take a idea and make it a reality, then here is what I have to offer.

We will have a UPC number for the game by the time it is finished.
We will have the EGameStudio.Com store and I will work to get the game onto such places as Amazon.Com and with independent stores as well as bring the game to some merchandisers.
I will make a website, (a good website), devoted to the game, (which is what I plan on doing for my own games that I make myself as well.)
I will pay for the radio ads, and when I do commercial ads then I will develop those too.
Along with my logo on the box, if the person has a trademark logo, or company logo, they cna put it on the box. I will cover all of the design for the cover as well as all of the manufacturing of the game.
I will give equal credit in every post, comment, and anything involving the game to all involved in it.
I will pay for and submit a professional press release about the game from a PR company I already work with.

Some may be saying why would you do this? Well, I am already going to be doing this not only because I am making my own titles, but because I am going to be advertising the store as well. So, I figure if someone wants to believe in me and in the vision I am going to make into a reality, then they deserve the same. I can only make a game as good as I can think of by myself. With someone else, it can lead to not only a better game, but also a strong title that I could not do alone.

If anyone will be interested in this I do not know, but here is what I expect:
Someone who will not quit.
Someone who is serious about game development and believes we can do this.
Someone who can be as passionate as I can be about this if not more.
Someone who has free time to implement to make this project happen and is not to busy to not contribute to it.
Someone who will not let doubt or fear discourage them or distract them from doing this.
Someone who wants to do this not just for the money, but because it is something they would enjoy.

We are all working on our own projects and all, including me, but we could still find time to do this to make it work.

If anyone is interested please let me know. If anyone is not, then I understand. All I can say is that my goal whether it be making a game by myself or with others with FPSC, is to not only make history in the world of FPSC creator, but raise the bar. If you want to join me, then please feel free to contact me or post a message here. If not, then look for me in the headlines, because I am going beyond anyones expectations.

You can check out the store, which will be officially accepting orders on Monday unless there is a delay, but I do not expect that @ www.EGameStudio.Com The cheat codes site which is still in development but always will since it is a cheat and codes website is at www.ExposedGamer.com You may also check out the podcast which has not been updated for a while but I will work on that next week @ www.EGameCast.org

I appreciate everyones support and as I said worse case scenario, this thread will not be around long if no one is interested in it. But hopefully someone will be interested in what I am trying to do. Either way, I hope everyone finds success with their FPSC games.

Edit: Had to add the signature

K.L. Phair
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 05:34 Edited at: 17th Mar 2007 05:35
Tyler, definitely. Here is my email and please add me to your address book as I will do the same with your email.

Games@EGameStudio.Com

My name is Kenny. We can talk about details after we see who else is interested.

Thanks for the interest and the post.

K.L. Phair
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 05:38
PAS my dream was to become a game devolper and make the best game in the world and get in stores but as you said "two minds are better than one" but if i finsh observations and people like it i may get some peole to help me work on the second game. But i would like to finsh the first one first and distribute it in stores. Also PAS would you be able to put my game in stores?

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 06:04
This is a team request...no matter how you word it.Team requests are not allowd on the FPSC forums.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:20:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:20:38