Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Basic 3D modelling, animation questions etc.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 00:50
Hi all,

Firstly, DarkBasic - mmm..

Secondly, I've just got into making 3D worlds but now I need to know a few things, if someone wouldn't mind answering these questions:

1) What's the best, free, easy to use program for:
a) making 3D models, esp. of people
b) animations for them
2) Are there are any basic tutorials for the above with DB?

Er, that's it for now

Would appreciate any help - I have the ideas and creativity but not the knowledge of how to express them..

Cheers, Schnide
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 02:42
Well I can try to answer your question. Firstly, I would say the best program to make and animate 3d models would be 3d Studio Max, but that retails for thousands of dollars, so thats out of the question. I have yet to find a good FREE program for modeling, but for next to free (20 or something) you can get MilkShape3D (I think thats what is called!) Which is great for making models, not sure about animating them.....
In DB its really hard to make a nice 3d model (at least thats what I think!). DarkMATTER comes with a few, if you only need a few .
Most programs that are powerful, dont come for free. Thats what I have found at least!
RPGgamer

Final Fantasy, best series ever made.
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 15:59
You can get a trial version of 3d canvas for free. Some of the fancy features are deeactivated, but it does the job.

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM
optical r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2002 18:06
bugger milkshape (well...). download anim8or from: www.anim8or.com use tutorials and stuff 4rm the web-site (also meshes oin the links page). Its all FREE and the main program (1file) is only 1.5 mb!

GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2002 13:03
Or get Cinema 4D from a magazine disk (if you're in the UK) I've seen it on a bunch of mags recently and IMHO its one of the most user friendly but still powerfull.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:19:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:19:46