Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Character Fame Capability

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 18:49 Edited at: 18th Mar 2007 18:58
This is probably way out there, but I was just curious how much work would it be to code a new enviroment variable into the FPSC source that kept track of how many people you killed, what type of characters you killed and how you interacted with other characters?

This might be the wrong forum and If so, I am sorry.

Side Note
I have tried searching, but is their anyway to compare variables with FPSC using lessthan > greaterthan > greaterthanorequalto >= or lessthanorequalto <=
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 18:51
This would probably go in scripting forum , but yea you could maybe, I don't know

a.k.a. me
formerly known as "i hate you"
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 19:09 Edited at: 18th Mar 2007 19:10
The way I understand a new eviromental variable would have to be created in the fpsc source and recompiled. I have darkbasicpro, I just havn't downloaded the fpsc source as that will take my crappy connection a long while to do.

This is my thinking about why (Logic)

<My interaction with an NPC Entity>
ifcharacter fame greaterthan 5 hudimage=yourgreatsir.tga elseif fame lessthan 5 hudimage="yousirareevil.tga"

it would be a little more complex that this, but I am sure you see my point
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 19:37
You would have to edit the source, but it would be pretty easy. The hardest part would be having to keep track of it online.

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Online? Please explain.

I have a scene I am wanting to do with a boy and his dog and it's your choice to save the dog or kill it. If you kill it the boy hates you and if you save him the boy see you as a hero and this open up a new special level or could give you a gun and what not.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Inspire means that you would need a script installed on a server to keep track of stats.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 19:52 Edited at: 18th Mar 2007 19:55
Dog deal....nothing to do with the 'keeping track' post)

That could all be done in basic scripting. Just making changes to the destroy script, and the main.

S4 and I use a script that ends the game if NPC are killed. we put the life real low on the npc so one shot would kill them. Say you kill the bouncer, a hud pops up showing our cut scene of the bartender and the striper kicking the living heck out of the lead character. They then would have to go to their last save and play nice.

It's the same premise. If your good with DBP making a script for the destroy on that dog is going to be easy for you. Then a trigger zone could be placed where your path to this "secret" area is. If the dogs alive, it destroys the barrier...if not it stays....the player wouldn't know why they couldn't get to this secret area...
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
This isn't going to be multiplayer. I figure the stats could be tracked using a comma or tab delimeted text file locally

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:27:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:27:38