Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is my current focus with FPSC and My reason for learning darkbasic pro. I am looking to create more interactive enviroments with a storyline since most(not saying all)those on here seem to be focused on pure shoot and kill type games. I think FPSC could be \"with a little work\" turned into story line fully interactive character driven system. A system that actually punishes you for being excessivly violent or otherwise can change the storyline. I think the characters in the game can be brought more to life than just to strafe and shoot you.

Just curious how many of you think the same way I do?
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i do its not just for shooting as i do enjoy putting bullets throught guys heads i am making a game called building dreams where u build houses no shooting at all.

Slipknot Rules
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be so nice if FPSC has while and for loops built into the scripting. That is probably way out there, but wow would that open up some amazing possibilities.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 02:34 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 02:34
i think this would not work. would require MAJOR changes to the code. might be easier to just code an rpg game...

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 07:23 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 07:24
and it is called First Person Shooter Creator
not Role-Playing Game Creator
and i think after FPSC X10 is done, they should make a rpg creator of something like that

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Why can't a first person game contain not only action, but include rpg elements as well?
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 14:44
It can include rpg elements. You just have to know that you'll have to do a little extra work. Such as, there's no inventory, you must add your own scripting to include dialog, there are no variables readily available to keep track of your story line, etc.

It's easy to create objectives/missions, a little more challenging to track progress.
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
That is why I am waiting on the updated source. I am going to code in a few tracking options. Keeping track of a story is still possible witht he way it is setup... though mondo difficult. I have already created a few FPI scripts that do some amazing things. More advanced than anything than anyone has posted on here for free thats for sure. I know that if I can in only a few weeks do some of what I have, some of you must be sitting on something really amazing.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 09:39
Quote: "I know that if I can in only a few weeks do some of what I have, some of you must be sitting on something really amazing. "

Just my hands.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 15:29 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 15:30
Quote: "I know that if I can in only a few weeks do some of what I have, some of you must be sitting on something really amazing."

Hey, what are you sitting on? LOL
Have you posted your "advanced" stuff?
If you mention what you're doing, you gotta post it!
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I will, I need about another week before I post this first script, I am still working out bugs. Bloody cockroaches I dare say.

These are scripts I am working on

Advanced Conversation System, with options that will allow you to see how you can make your interactions appear to influence the outcome of the game. FPI Script currently 8k

Advanced Conversation Store System. -- Using the store system posted by another member and my last script, I am jerry rigging a script that will allow you to walk up to a store keeper and order products.

Problems with the code.

Requires a rewrite of the fpsc-game source code. So you will need my custom .exe

I am still having trouble with the new function playergivemoney()

about 80-90% complete. Works now, but is buggy and creates problems.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:20:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:20:25