Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Free text search application:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 23:42
I'd posted in a guys thread earlier about hud placement. Sometimes making sure you don't miss something can be a pain when trying to find out how a function is controlled.

This program, diskMETA-lite, found at this url:
http://www.diskmeta.com/en/dmlite/

-can be configured to search any text file. Meaning you can set up a data base of your FPS creator folder, and in a moment look though every fpi/fpe/fps/ini or any text file extention you allow it to search.

Case in point: Problem-Trying to figure out how the hud_icon image is shown.
Solution-Searching the db for hud_icon, since I knew that to be the name of the file in every weapons folder, allowed me in seconds to see it must be something hardcoded into the engine because not one instance of that term was in any string. I then found the term though DBP and the source confirming my findings and taking all of a minute or less.

Maybe of use to some of you guys trying to strech the limits of FPSC a little. Can't beat a free, configureable data base tool that speeds up your workflow pipeline.
DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 08:13
cool ty for pointing this out and posting it. i will have to download it and give it a try.

It's better to Burn Out than to Fade away.Victor Kruger/The Kurgan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:27:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:27:19