Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPSC a grim out look

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 19:09 Edited at: 19th Mar 2007 19:15
This is going to be a rather long post please bare with me. “Enter the world of FPSC and make your own First Person Shooter games to sell, share and do what want”. That statement is false. As much as I don’t want to admit it FPSC is not delivering on that said statement. In the current state FPSC is in it lacks some serious features that is stopping it from becoming a great success. To be honest I’m complaining about the software as it’s not doing what I want it to do. FPSC is becoming more and more unpleasant to work with. I still have my doubts whether a truly successful game can be made with FPSC.

As a lot of users have pointed out in 100’s of posts who are of the believe it can’t be done, that it's nearly impossible to make a truly great commercial game that sells many copies.

Yes I too firmly believe that it can’t be done the current state the software is in. That brings me to the next point. You have opened a section in your forum for users to post their I ideas on what the software should have to improve the software. Is it just me or does this feedback go in the one ear and out the other. Limited feedback, and purely the lack of a dedicated person to deal with these queries and support.

This makes me and I’m sure a few other users fed up with the current sad state of affairs in the FPSC forum. Yet with the soon to be released directX 10 version of FPSC surely from any company point of view other than TGC would make it quite obvious to release and make sure all previous software versions are stable as possible not only FPSC but with Darkbasic Pro as well as FPSC depends on Darkbasic.

It has been said before that TGC will still be updating FPSC till it’s deemed stable and complete. This makes me wonder how is TGC going to develop two different versions of FPSC and dark basic Pro at once. For one it’s impractical for a small TGC development team to work on 4 products at once. So sooner or later support has to be drop to put more effort in the new product because sooner or later the new product users are going to complain about not receiving updates. From the looks of things before this year ends.

I’m sure TGC would put in more a lot more effort in their new cash cow. Is this a hint that TGC wants to you use the new bug ridden software so that they don’t have to worry about the older bug ridden software. Both FPSC and dark basic is bug ridden to the extent of being barley stable. What is of great concern is how much more bugs the these products have compared to other development software on the market and the lack of getting it fixed quick.

A while back a Dark basic bug fix week was held to get as many bugs fixed as possible in that week. Nothing has been done for FPSC to that extent. To point out some things when the dark lights was released with RC 1.4 there was a problem with enemy entities being transparent with shaders enabled why wasn’t this fixed asap? Why is it that requests for bug fixes gets ignored to the point where if enough people complain about a problem some thing is done

We are only reassured with a simple line from Rick Vanner “Lee is hard at work making FPSC better.
That is no longer acceptable. Words speak louder than actions. It’s time than TGC pulls their fingers out their ears and have a more open discussion about the products. A different approach al together is required. And no I have no intention of stopping my development I will be moving over to FPSC X10 as soon as it’s available.

Continue to ignore your user base and TGC will be the one who suffers as users seek other software. For every one user that leaves I’m sure there are 10 other users who thinks about doing the same with.

Pointless Assault RC1 Demo
http://fileho.com/download/534fc0519603/pointless.rar.html
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 19:29
Let's not do this again.
In case you missed it there is an update in a sticky at the top of this forum and Lee has posted explaining what the holdup is.
He is developing FPSC and FPSC together at this point.
We get one of these threads posted every once in a while and they all turn into flame wars.
So I will just kill this one right now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:20:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:20:37