Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / How to exclude plugins from the exe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 23:20
Hi,
I know it is somewhere here, but could not find it:

What is the procedure for excluding plugins from being included in the executable, in order for it to be more compact?

Thanks,

JD

May the 3d force B with U
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 23:44
You can either modify the setup.ini in the compiler folder to exclude the DLLs by filename, or you can use an editor (like the one provided by the Winch) to remove the DLLs you don't need after the build of the exe is complete.

You can also switch on compression - click on the settings button in the IDE and tick the 'compress attached media' box. You don't need to change anything else to get it to work, despite how it looks - leave the 'Normal EXE' radio button selected.

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 00:04
Thx IanM, will try that.

TinTin
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: BORG Drone Ship - Being Assimilated near Roda Beta (28)
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 01:21
Gee, I didn't know that DBP included all the functions within a dll. I thought it only included the functions that it uses. (gonah have to look into what functions I use then place them all into a single dll before I compile) how much of a pain in the a$$ will that be..

Cyberspace was becoming overcrowded and slummy so I decided to move. These nice chaps gave me a lift.
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 18:49
What happens is that all needed plugins for your game to work are included packed into the executable you get when compiling.

If you don't need a plugin, you should remove it from the package, in order to reduce the size of the exe.

As long as I know, plugins are dll's that communicate with a special protocol with the main module. Actually am trying to get information on this last subject in another thread.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 08:29:58
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 08:29:58