Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Full of questions :\

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 02:18 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 02:22
1.I know you can sell your games... but can you sell your games with model packs (like if you use them model pack items in the game)

2.I bought some 3d models how/were can i learn to import them

3.What is the difference between the two add/insert level? because i goto build a game and get error's and after i build game go to load new lvl and it crashes...

4.How do i change the icon after my "build game" and the description on it?

5.Can you make it so you create the game and some how the people have to buy another part/path to play online?

6.What is best way to secure game from being cracked (if you plan to sell it)

7.What all tools are good to add to fpsc (that are legal to have in your game if you sell it if they even deal with ingame stuff)

8.What are some good free/cheap models for fpsc that you can sell with your game?

9.any1 know of any good game publisher's (you can PM me this one)

10.Does fpsc have to be included in credits of game (i will probelly have it there any way)

TY SOO MUCH!

Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 02:29
1. I believe it's all royalty free.
2. go to fpscreator.com and download 'entity creator'
3. I don't understand?
8. In 'models and media', some people post free models.
10. It says 'fpsc' on the main menu I think..

As for the other ones, I don't know, I got bored with fpsc after about a week.

This unbiased, positive, helpful, politically correct post brought to you by indi.
Fiberfrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 03:05 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 03:06
3. If you are asking why FPSCREATOR crashes while building the game with multiple levels???... make sure your entities are spread out and you do not have huge levels being built which would make it harder to determine an error when building. I would first go to build and put the lighting to half and texture to half and see if it builds. Could be a combination of a bunch of things.

4. The exe icon of a built game???

5.FPSCREATOR is royalty free...

6. Hmm, cracked in how???

7.Hmm...

8.There are a bunch in these forums. Look at peoples sig's and you will be on our way...

Fiberfrag

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 03:41
Quote: "1.I know you can sell your games... but can you sell your games with model packs (like if you use them model pack items in the game)"

The official model packs, yes.

Quote: "
2.I bought some 3d models how/were can i learn to import them"

There are numerous tutorials in these forums. There are also free segment and entity creations programs provided by the game creators. There are also various user made programs which will import your entities into fpsc.

Quote: "3.What is the difference between the two add/insert level? because i goto build a game and get error's and after i build game go to load new lvl and it crashes..."

Could you explain this problem a little better please.

Quote: "4.How do i change the icon after my "build game" and the description on it?"

I believe there is an icon changer made by ngin (spelling?) on these forums do a search. As for the description you could use reshack.

Quote: "5.Can you make it so you create the game and some how the people have to buy another part/path to play online?"

Single player and multiplayer games are created separately. So you just have them as separate options to buy.

Quote: "6.What is best way to secure game from being cracked (if you plan to sell it)"

If you mean stopping people from stealing your media there is currently only one application that does this: Vishnu. Search the forums for it.

Quote: "7.What all tools are good to add to fpsc (that are legal to have in your game if you sell it if they even deal with ingame stuff)"

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=82333&b=24

Quote: "8.What are some good free/cheap models for fpsc that you can sell with your game?"

Look in the models and media forum for some good free stuff. Just check the license first.

Quote: "9.any1 know of any good game publisher's (you can PM me this one)"

Quote: "10.Does fpsc have to be included in credits of game (i will probelly have it there any way)"

Yes. Section 4 of the license tells you what you must put in your EULA
Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 03:49 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 03:49
Ty all Ty a lot Thraxas

As for #3 I mean when you goto build your game in like level tab or w/e There is ADD and a INSERT level.... what is the difference there has to be one?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 03:53
Quote: "As for #3 I mean when you goto build your game in like level tab or w/e There is ADD and a INSERT level.... what is the difference there has to be one? "

Oh ok. Add new level adds a new level to the end of the list. So if you already have two levels it will add level 3 at the end.

Insert level inserts the level above the one you have highlighted instead of adding it at the end. So if you had level 2 highlighted and clicked insert the new level would go above it, so it would become level 2 and the old level 2 would now be level 3.
Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 04:00 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 04:15
Ok, weird because when i try add level i get error when creating the "build game" when i choose insert level it works (This is for either 3rd or 4th level..) also this happens more than once in different games for me and once i fix that and put insert level than it works but when i play game it crashes when it goes to lvl 4.....

(Also all level's are in same order no matter what like lvl 1-6)

EDIT: to add more detail to the game crashing one in lame terms i go from a big open space with a building of 3 floors than it is supposed to goto a SMALL prefab with like one item and a door... it crashes from the big one to the little level (Crashes when load bar is at almost very end)

ALSONot too add too much) but what Dx version is this... (for client and game making side) and how do you change game res.(I have a wide screen i like the res 1440X900)?

AND: What is "Automatic floors" in the build options very last teb?
sgrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Automatics Floors means that the game will build an automatic ground for all the level (the same ground of the top left corner of the level), instead of building manually all the grounds. It is useful if you have the same ground everywhere
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 12:41 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 13:09
Quote: ""8.What are some good free/cheap models for fpsc that you can sell with your game?""

We've got a few FPSC-ready Freebies at Ozark Games that can be used in commercial and non-commercial games. There are also a few more FPSC-ready Freebies in the FPSC section of our forums.

-Keith

Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow TY guys!, so like by ground that means the texture you put over it.. ? Also does this help preform ace client side?

Quote: "Ok, weird because when i try add level i get error when creating the "build game" when i choose insert level it works (This is for either 3rd or 4th level..) also this happens more than once in different games for me and once i fix that and put insert level than it works but when i play game it crashes when it goes to lvl 4.....

(Also all level's are in same order no matter what like lvl 1-6)

EDIT: to add more detail to the game crashing one in lame terms i go from a big open space with a building of 3 floors than it is supposed to goto a SMALL prefab with like one item and a door... it crashes from the big one to the little level (Crashes when load bar is at almost very end)

ALSONot too add too much) but what Dx version is this... (for client and game making side) and how do you change game res.(I have a wide screen i like the res 1440X900)?"
Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
b-u-m-p
Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
b-u-m-p also to add Can you edit the models that fpsc comes with and in the model packs?
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, as long as you don't try to resell them in a pack or something
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 01:08
Go to my website at www.freewebs.com/futurefps
It has some free models that you can use in games you are going to sell.

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Ty guys!
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 05:45 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 05:46
oh my gosh. I didn't post my website.

The Uber site

Also register for my forums

http://www.forumsfpsc.co.nr

There are some free stuff for everybody.

Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
jenkins can your stuff be used in a commercial game?
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 02:33
Anything I post is free to do whatever you want with. Just don't sell it. Go ahead and redistribute if you want just give me credit. Anything that is made by others, you will have to read the license that is included in the pack. If you downloaded one of Fred's models and you don't see the license. Just come onto these forums and d/l something of his. He posts the EXACT same license with everything he distributes. If there is no license attached to what you are downloading, please notify me. I will contact the creator about it.

Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
@Jenkins Ty a lot will do!
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 00:50
No problem. I hope that you will find the forums and main site helpful.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:18:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:18:29