Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Unlock thread request == I hate to do this==

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 05:45 Edited at: 21st Mar 2007 05:46
Okay guys, I hate to do this but my forums showcase thread was locked. I would like you guys to please unlock it. I'm assuming it was locked because of how far off topic it went. I sent an email to one of the mods [fred to be specific] and I still have no response. So I have done what ya'll are about to flame me about. But could you please unlock the thread and delete some of the unnecessary posts?

I was going to post a screeny of something. I forgot what is though, lol. It will come to my head eventually.

[EDIT] oh, it was the new forums style

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 06:35
I did not lock your thread so it would be disrespectful to whoever did lock it to unlock it.
You would have to find out which mod locked it and check with them.
I did check out your new site and found no FPSC media on it.
That would be my guess as to why your thread got locked.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 12:08
I didn't lock it either.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 13:08
I locked it.

Your advertising a basic copy of TGC's own forums. your trying to take TGC's forum visitors, and port them to your site.

If youd like to help out the newcomers, it would be easier for you to post threads here instead of starting an entirely new forum.

I dont mean to be rude, but your site isnt well organized either. Its a basic freewebs template, a few entities from around the forums, and your own set of forums (which you copied exactly by the way, FPSC chat, scripts, models and media, etc...)

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 23:58
hmmm. Well I have to say I'm quite pissed off now. I'm not trying to "TAKE" forum visitors. This is just a little side project for me. And yes there is fpsc media at my site, fred. I don't know what gave you the time to say that. Maybe you went to the wrong site. And I don't see the problem of using a Freewebs template, given the fact that I don't know HTML (which at this time I'm learning.)

And yeah, I used the same forums category names. Given that, those are the only likely to fit category names. If you could think of something else, I'd be glad to hear it. And I find it rather organized. Whether it is Freewebs or not. I have set up all the categories and everything is in line. I find it quite odd that my original thread was allowed to stay unlocked but when you come running in it gets locked.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 00:12
Oh, and no it wouldn't be easier to help out newcomers posting threads here. THEY DON'T SEARCH. My forums have an entire category just for newcomers.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 00:38 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 00:39
Im not going to argue with you here.

what do your forums offer that TGC's dont besides a "newcomers" forum?

no offence to you, but every month or so, someone posts a thread with there new website and forums, and they ussually go down hill.

Whether you admit it or not, you ARE attempting to gain members off of tgc's existing forum users, and with a basic copy of TGC's main forums. Youve even copied TGC's mod icon for your forums.

Also, did you even ask the content creators if it was ok to post theire content? xplosis's scripts and entity's for example? or did you just copy them?

wait nvm, see attached image, proof your just copying content and posting it, thats probbably violating the license agreement, ever think of that?

and where did you find that content? the tgc forums...exactly. so you copy the threads, the mod icon, and the content, now your trying to copy the users.

dont turn this into a flame war either please, i dont want to lock this thread as well.

are you satisfied now?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 00:56 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 00:59
Quote: "Youve even copied TGC's mod icon for your forums. "

That actually wasn't me. That was CIC, I'll change that immediately.

Everything I HAVE posted has been asked for. My original thread showed several posts of others saying that I'm allowed to post the files.

I just checked that thread out and that thread is the invisible entity thread. Which IS Xplosys' entity. Xplosys gave me the permission to post EVERYTHING he had to offer from his site.

I have done NOTHING against the rules. If you would like me to change the category titles, I'd be more than glad to.

And I agree, people do try make forums things that go downhill. I'm going to TRY and change that. I'm not one of those people that go "Dang, no one joined. I guess I'll just quit." I go all out and try my best.

You are right. I am trying to GAIN members. Not TAKE. Those are two different things. I don't know where you come from, but where I come from, we are aloud to be members of two forums.

There is mainly two differences between my forums and these. Strictness and newcomers (obviously). My forums aren't the type of forums where we are going to lock a thread if there is no screenies within 5 minutes after the thread was posted. Either I or one of the other mod's will post up a screeny if the user does not. Do you see what I'm saying.

You had no right (technically you do) to lock my thread. It followed all the rules and my forums aren't as you think they are.

[EDIT] I have changed his avatar.

Just because where others have failed, doesn't mean that you have to lock it. Whether it takes two months to 11 years. I will make my forums successful. Overtime people will join and it will become successful. But with my thread locked, I will have now way of keeping it updated to users over here.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 01:01
Ok, ill give you a chance.

your threads unlocked, i personally dont see a point in it, but others may.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 01:02 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 01:09
Okay, so I changed a few of the category names. I didn't know that CIC copied the category names and descriptions for DB word for word. So I changed that.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I gave Jenkins permission to host my stuff after seeing the effort and work he had put into his website,I was actually quite impressed that he had got it together so well,many other folk have websites hosting FPSC content from around the forums.
I can see your point with his having a forum so similar to Tgc,but I am glad you have given him the chance and unlocked his thread.
cheers Bullshock.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 01:15 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 01:22
Thanks Rolfy! And I'm hosting most of your entities! Which are the best stuff that you can get around here. I just haven't added them to the forums yet.

hmmmm. I'm trying to add it to the forums. But when I copy the link location, it just opens another tab going to my forums (awkward). Then when I try to d/l it, it downloads at 10 KB a second.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 01:32 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 01:33
The only thing about compiling all my stuff into one file tho' Jenkins, is that users on dial up wont be able to download it or individual parts of it,if you were to give a link to xplosyis site with a mention that folks can get the individual models etc there or even back to these forums,I would appreciate it.
You may also want to give a little description of what the compiled pack contains.
best rolfy.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 01:33 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 01:41
Oh, I didn't think about that. Thanks! And I'll be more descriptive with what's in it.

[EDIT] Okay thanks for that. This is what I did. I right clicked the little icons on fpsfree and copied the link location. Pasted it into a thread on my forums. At bottom of each link I gave a description of each entity. At the bottom of the post a gave a link to fpsfree saying that you have more stuff hosted there. Is that okay? Or do you just want me to post a link to fpsfree saying what you can get there?

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 01:48
well i thought about it, and you making this thread shows me that you care about it, so i hope it prospers.

you have to understand where i was coming from, plus im kindof heated already about the whole idea of my products being pirated.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 01:51
Quote: "whole idea of my products being pirated."

I understand. No worries and yeah I care about my forums. I've put a lot of work in it.

I don't understand how that pirating dude is getting away with that. Can't he get arrested?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 07:39
Jenkins,
I looked on the forums for media and not the site as a whole.
I did find the media and it is my bad for looking in the wrong spot.
Like I said before in the other thread you are welcome to use anything off my site and post it for download on yours as long as they know it came from my site and/or was made by me.
Except AE's video tutorial...you would have to ask him about that.
You have my apologies.
If you e-mail me a banner and URL to your site I will put it on mine the next time I update my site.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 23:02
Thanks Fred. I can't do any work on any game stuff today. I'm not actually even supposed to be on the computer. I failed my History final because I fell a sleep and I forgot to do a section of it. So I'll send you a banner when I get to it. No worries, mistakes happen. I would have more stuff up on my freewebs site, but I exceeded the limit. So I have to upload to filefront now. Then post a link.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 00:32
Jenkins,

You can't link to content on my download server that way. What you're doing is providing your users with content and using my bandwidth to deliver it. It's a great concept if you can get away with it. lol

You can either host it on your site or provide a link to [href]www.fpsfree.com[/href] for your users to follow. You are also bypassing any advertising that I provide for others on my home page, and any chance I have of google clicks income because your users never see my pages.

I hope you understand what I mean and if you need any help making the changes let me know. I'm in the middle of moving my store and server banks and will be a little busy for a while, but if you would just change or remove the links for now that would be appreciated.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 00:37
Okay no problem. Thanks for letting me know. I'll change it. Sorry about that.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 21:54
When do you think you might get around to changing them?

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 00:35
I did. The very second I told you (the post above you)

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 04:45
since the intention of this thread has been met, i see no need for it anymore.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:23:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:23:11