Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / LYTE:FX, Heads up.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 02:03
I just read in the piracy thread that tyler GS saw someone:
Quote: "asking someone to post FPSC X10 full version and Butters' LightFX on there."

To anyone who bought LYTE:FX who is considering pirating it about, or putting it up somewhere for free, if you do, it's not like I'll put out more packs for you to steal, I'll simply stop making stuff.

I trust the integrity of all FPSC user on here, but I just wanted it said..

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 02:06
Butter I believe the site is down...and they didn't have your pack up yet...they wanted it....were looking for it.

Peace bro
Loc
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 06:58
When will people learn to stop stealing things. You can just buy them!

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin...
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Well they( ) probably didn't figure they were hurting all of the millionaires putting out this stuff. :rolleyes:
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 07:36
I am buying your stuff Butters.I can't buy your stuff if you quit making it.
Then I would have to spend that money on my girlfriend and she might start thinking I like her.
Seriously,though,I am looking forward to buying the stuff you are working on.
Maybe you could use a serial code system or an activation code type thing.
It is upsetting to think that you worked so hard on something and somebody steals it.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 10:01
Quote: "Sorry Butters, but LyteFX is being pirated, I found it on another warez site."

PLease email me the link. (im a small business + get free legal aid, so I will take action)

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 14:34
Quote: "Maybe you could use a serial code system or an activation code type thing."

That would be a good start. The first step has been taken in realizing the problem. The next logical step is some type of protection. It doesn't have to be state of the art, it only has to make it more difficult to steal.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 19:49
Butters, get them living in the gutter my brother.. They trying to get rid of your money so take away thiers.
I was trying to look for some software to help add an Activation code, but i was not successful I wish you the best of luck dude, and I hope everything is going well at work.

Dan

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 20:42 Edited at: 24th Mar 2007 02:52
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 20:47
Thanks guys.

Future products will feature online Registration. I found quite a few warez sites that had LYTEFX, but it seemed to me that they were some other "LYTEFX", its about 240mb. I'm not gonna sully my squeaky clean rep by downloading it, to find out what it is. If it is a crack of LYTE fx, then it's probably got some virus in it as well. If you download it, I hope it rapes your computer into oblivion.

Also, cheers to all those who emailed their support! Nice one.

Pdidy, Butters, uh, well here in London "Butters" means ugly. I'm just real clumsy, and I used to get munchies and rinse out the peanutbutter on toast, so....peanutbutterfingers!

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
oh butters i was refering LyteFX,
but thanks for the heads up i often wanderd that to but had diferent idea lol.

i have my 2 lads coming to earls court for the rock concert soon
and was wandering were best place for them to stay area ect,
any ideas.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 21:11
uh, I tell you what man, I'll get back to you via email, I'll be happy to help you find somewhere safe, I understand the paranoia, what with all the shootings and stabbings recently, but lets do it via email, soas not to upset the forum Gods.

pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
ty butters.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Pdidy, Butters, uh, well here in London "Butters" means ugly. I'm just real clumsy, and I used to get munchies and rinse out the peanutbutter on toast, so....peanutbutterfingers!"

LOL... sounds absolutely gruesome

By the way, the internet activation software mentioned have all been cracked, even the most expensive ones. Honestly, would you trust using a security application that itself was being pirated?

Internet activation alone is not a reliable solution and then there is the programming code capability issue, example, some are made for C++ programmes but not for Delphi etc.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 23:12
That would honestly suck if you stop making stuff Butters.

I've been meaning to ask this, but is Fall of the Fireflies still in production?

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 00:22 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2007 00:25
please nobody pirate LyteFX hopefully butters will prosecute you if you do
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 16:29
you could do a system were you put the files in a installer that needs a serial code and compares the one entered to a list on a secure server, and then once used the serial gets deleted from the server. and make the installer create a registry file that you need to run th program, it wont stop piracy, but it'll make it ridiculously difficult.

^Check out my new site!^

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:23:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:23:51