Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / 3dsmax to fpsc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok ive created a model of a troll in max8

its been textured with photoshop

i can export the model with the pandasoft plugin

altho when i use the makeentity exe and then enter fpsc put in my model etc, i see a shadow, nothing else, ive tried scaling the model up in max but to no avail, wondering wot height it needs to be for fpsc.

the model was originally made for unrealed and as such has grid spacing of 16 dont know if this matters

also i havent yet added any bones could this be the cause??

any help is appreciated and as a little help to any of you max noobs this site has a wealth of free tuts to help you with the program

http://www.3d-palace.com/index.php

thanks in advance

fonz

for those sarcy peeps out there, yes i have trawled this board for answers.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 20:07 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 20:08
I'm not too familiar with the model importing yet, but what I've been able to gather the reason could also be the shaders of FPSC.

First try setting shaders OFF from the FPSC's preferences and Build settings. If this does not help, the reason could also be the alpha map of your texture, which defines which areas are transparent in the model.

You also need to define the size of the model in the model's .fpi files, just changing things in the 3D program won't help (of course you need to create the .fpi's too). Everything should be explained in the READ ME/MANUAL, and several hints can be found from the models & media section.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 20:32 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 20:34
did u say that this model is 16 grid spaces wide? how high is it?

it's just that sometimes if i create a model to big, it doesn't show up, otherwise it's just ur texture

edit - no, it's just ur texture

evil lies within all of us...we just don't know it yet
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 23:20 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 23:44
can you walk over the shadow?
also what is your texture format?
textures need to be .tga or dds format
Fonz
Years of Service
User Offline
hi thanka for your replys

yes the home grid spacing is set to 16

also yes i can walk over the shadows, and then im attacked by them which makes me lol

ive tried converting with textures at bmp jpeg and tga

it an unfinished texture so i havent messed about with the alpha map yet, so maybe its that, just wanted to get the actual model ingame.

can this be done untextured?

thanks again
fonz
Fonz
Years of Service
User Offline
Eureka!

ok i messed about with the export settings and checked textures by the power of 2

thing is altho my model is in game now i need to stand it upright and make it bigger

wondering how i would go about this?

ive attached a pic to show you what i mean

thanks 4 all the help its very much appreciated
fonz

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Fonz
Years of Service
User Offline
ok

been messing around with the model

got it standing upright, and it seems if i scale it up in max, it gets bigger ingame, usually with the feet through the floor, if i try to scale by editing the fpe file the model starts to float off into the air.

question is does it matter wot position in max the model is standing ie. x y and z?

or how can i bring the model down so its on top of the shadow after scaling the fpe.

thanks guys
fonz
Fonz
Years of Service
User Offline
yay i got the model in or at least i think i did

it seems u gota scale it up in max and centre along the spine in the left view front view or the feet need to be sitting on the centre line in max

the model has two textures im just tryin to figure out how to add the other texture (the head) anyway view the pic to see wot i mean.

also something really weird occurs when shooting at the model nothing happens but when shooting the shadow the model is hurt, leading me to think im just viewing a texture and the model hasnt imported in right,

if anyone has experienced this and can clarify, the model is a custom built job and as such isnt a re-texture of an existing model in fpsc.

anyhow if u can help pls do, if not i hope this helps you in some way or other

thanks
fonz

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:19:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:19:29