Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Inserting Enemies in Level gives me Low FPS!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. I just finished making a level. I built it without enemies and with. Without them it works OK, but with them it doesn't work really well, my fps drops to 10-20 sometimes. When my view arround some corners same thing happens. Help please.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 16:39
If you place 30 enimies to close it will slow everything down, place just about 3 enemies MAX!!!! at the same place.

Visit us at www.freewebs.com/bigvikinggames , you can find our new free games and new free models.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 17:03
Another huge problem with characters is the fact there's so many unused animations. I believe there's like 2497 frames to the FPSC biped. A lot of those, like swimming, and climbing a ladder, etc., are absolutely useless.

Couple this with the fact the AI places a huge drag on the engine and all this explains why your game then drags.

Depending on your needs it's also advisable to reanimate some of your characters leaving only the animations they would actually need. I know this has taken many of my characters from like 3 mb down to 300 kb. Less is more sometimes..

Good luck
Loc
NightMage
Years of Service
User Offline
I only have abt 10 enemies on the WHOLE map, 1 or 2 max in the same places. Ok so i guess i have to eliminate the unused animations? Can this be done with 3dsmax? How do i export the char model to max ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:23:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:23:24