Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Level runs at 30fps until I add one small light

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My level runs at 30fps until I add one small light. The light doesnt even have to on the screen to make it slow the fps to about half. I could be on the other side of the level from the light with many walls and doors between and it still slows down. If I remove the light the fps goes back to 30 or higher.

So this creates 2 questions.

Is there a way to limit the players view distance, without buying another tool or piece of software?

How do I keep one little light from mudering my frame rate?

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
The Silent Ayehika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 17:27
About the view distance.You cant realy change it without the scource.

And about your second question,maybe your computer is kind of bad.Maybe you should try Boosting it up .

....Whatever.....
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats a huge drop for one little light. My computer run like crap and I am using onboard video and by adding 6 7 lights it doesn't dropt me more the 2 fps
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you have V1 or have you updated to 1.05?

1.05 has the Darklights-system, which replaces the old system. It often works better than the previous one, plus the update fixes many bugs.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 00:29
You CAN change the light distance by pressing the "[" and "]" keys.

also, is the light dynamic? or static. if its dynamic, try changing it to static, that might help.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 01:34
Quote: "doesn't dropt me more the 2 fps"

Are these lights dynamic? (pretty much what Bullshock said). Because I didn't think static lights dropped the FPS any because they save the lightmaps.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
The default is static and I leave them that way.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 03:05
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 15:36 Edited at: 24th Mar 2007 15:38
As I stated before, when I added a single static light entity to my level the FPS fell to half.

My PC Specs:
XP Pro SP2 (with all the updates)
AMD Sempron 2600 1.60 GHz
768 MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce MX 4000

I have FPSC V105 but that is still in development and has some issues so Im running V104.

I have figured out a way to bring the FPS up to the high 30s, even with 15 light static entites or more in the level.

The typical setup.ini file after I built the game looked like the one below minus the game profile.

I found that by editing it to look like the following after the game is built, the FPS jumped back up to where I think it should be.

Remember to make a copy of your current setup.ini file. That way you can always go back to it if this doesnt work for you.

I have tried many different setup.ini configs and this one seems to work the best.

I really hope this helps someone.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 15:50 Edited at: 24th Mar 2007 15:54
Quote: "I have figured out a way to bring the FPS up to the high 30s"

Is this correct or did you mean low 30's? Although it looks like you meet the minimum system requirements, your system specs are really low for the latest updates of FPSC. Is the MX4000 is a 64MB vidio card?

Even with a well built level, you will still have FPS issues once you add lighting and characters with this system.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 16:31 Edited at: 24th Mar 2007 17:07
Why would you ask?

Not to be rude, but it seems that you seek to have me change what I said.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 21:50
I ask because you say you have "figured out a way to bring the FPS up to the high 30s". In my experience, the FPS cap on FPSC is 33. If you have figured out a way to get it higher, I would like to know.

I have no idea what you mean by "it seems that you seek to have me change what I said."

If you have a problem with the rest of my post, it's just my opinion of your system and the FPSC requirements.

Some people are just way too sensitive in here.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
To some people 33fps is high.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:19:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:19:40