Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Having a bit of trouble...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've read the help file over and hope, but to no avail. I get pretty much all of the other basic things to do, but I can't seem to figure out the floor thing. I can delete them, and stuff like that, but I don't know how to replace them. Say you had a room made there, and the layout it came with had a gray floor. Now, I delete the floor, and I go to "Add new segment" and click on Model Pack 3 > Floors. I choose a floor there, and it comes up as an overlay, not the floor I'm looking for. If I dont want to make an entire segment, the only thing thats solitairy is the one called "ground" and its ugly.

Pretty much, what I want to know, is how could you put in a new floor, for a room. Just the floor. And the same goes for the wall. If I try to put in a piece of a room and make it only paint walls, or make it only paint floors, if it goes next to a wall, then both change, when I only want one to.

And a last thing, what good are these "overlay" floors for? They only go under the real floor from what I can see, or over the ceilings...

Sorry for the simple question, but I'm just a newbie at this, and I finally got ticked off after reading a manual all day
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 16:05 Edited at: 25th Mar 2007 16:06
I'm pretty sure this is in the manual. You might have skipped it, I didn't read too closely either.

to put down only the floor part of a segment, press the 'f' key when in segment mode. for just the walls, press 'm'.

coming soon: Ford GT vs. the Corvette.
No, really.
I'm serious this time.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
As far as I know you really can't change the floor of room segments, unless there's at least 1 block of space to every direction from the new floor-segment.

One way you could try to fake it is drawing the walls around the already set floor-segmet from the outside, not inside. Kinda hard to explain, really.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:19:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:19:30