Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Waypoints problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. I put a screenshot below so i won't have to explain. The enemy won't move along the waypoints, it just sits there. The enemy's main script is "pace.fpi".Help please.
NightMage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 16:11 Edited at: 25th Mar 2007 16:46
What about when i want more then 1 monster on the same waypoint route? Does that mean i have to put all of them on the waypoint start ?

Edit: I also just tried putting the enemies on the waypoints, and i deleted the waypoints above the one in the pic, but it still doesnt work.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 18:27
Nightmage

I've experienced the same problem when spefically talking about the pace.fpi script.

In regards to your waypoint, setup the waypoint and then ensure you place the enemy required directly over the first marker i.e. the biggest star. Once positioned over the waypoint use the pg Up key to raise the enemy slightly above the ground as this usually helps the enemy to locate the waypoint and follow it correctly from the start of the game.

You will have seen an update recently released from Lee FPSC 1.05 RC2 (files) which contains updated core AI scripts including pace.fpi. If the script you are using isn't working then maybe try the updated version recently released or if your already using v1.05 RC2 try reverting back to the original pace.fpi.

In the end I used a different script available in the forums called follow and shoot which has solved the problem for me as it does the same job as pace.fpi but just seems to work. Place it in your scriptbank / people folder and remember to update the enemy properties to point to this script in the 'AI main' field.

I've attached the follow and shoot.fpi file for you to try along with the other tips I've mentioned above. Let me know how you get on.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 18:31
Try the follow.fpi script.

NightMage
Years of Service
User Offline
That worked out perfectly. Thanks Nomad Soul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 07:21:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 07:21:19