Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Asteroids - A little preview of whats coming shortly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 20:44
I know the retro comp is over but there were a few games we wanted to do for the hell of it, Our next is going to be asteroids which after a little tweeking here and there shall be ready very soon. Here however is a little taister of whats comming.

you can download the intro movie from the game here as a little teaser.
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~jyachts/AsteroidsVideo.zip
more infomation can be found from our site.
Nick Igoe
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~thane/char01.jpg[/img]
NickIgoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 21:21
oooops! should have been

Nick Igoe
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 22:54
looks good ... i'd suggest not having the credits in it, and perhaps thinking of some better scene switchs than Square-out and such.
on the whole its good.

you may wanna think about setting the backgroun as a raytrace environemnt rather than a bitmap, that way it should flow with the ships.
and some bigger engine effects perhaps some lighting and lens flare

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
NickIgoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 23:53
I tried but was unable to get a decent image/texture for the background. I tried spheres and plains but I had to stretch the image too much. I agree with the engine effects, Prehaps the should have been bigger but I`m sick of seeing lens flare everywhere, I just think it`s a bit naff, though a lot of people would not agree judging by the amount of times we see it. Prehaps I will go go back and tinker a little more, But I am pleased with it for a first attempt.

Nick Igoe
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 00:45
It's funny really but the more I look around in the real world, the more obviously apparant it is that the graphics card in my eyes doesn't support lense flare.

I never really understood why it was so popular, yes the first 3D game for the Power VR card had it, and Lightwave was an early pioneer of it and of course Lightwave being Amiga based, the spiritual home of all things graphical, is a big influence in the realm of graphics.

Lense flar can look good, but so often it is used when really the only reason was because 'oh yes, we should have lense flare'.

Pneumatic Dryll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:13:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:13:04