Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Scale an Image?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 02:57
I'm trying to scale an image 200% in the horizontal, yet the StretchImage command isn't letting me do it.

Any idea why not?

The StretchImage command appears to have no documentation explaining its use either.

Any alternative methods?

I don't want to use SCALE SPRITE or any sprite routines if I can help it.

Thanks in advance

Regards, Scott T.

Looking for mature software developer to finish my Bruce Lee remake.. apply via email to MSN address.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 03:25 Edited at: 28th Mar 2007 03:33
Paisleys, I wasn't sure what product you were using, and since you highlighted SCALE SPRITE, I assumed that this was a DBP problem. Could you highlight which development tool you're using and explain what the exact error or symptom is occurring? I'm assuming that because of the mention of no documentation, would this be DGDK.NET?

I'll try to help as best as I can.

[EDIT] Ok, I think I can conclude that this is DGDK.NET. StretchImage lacks documentation.

[EDIT2] Ok, this doesn't help! Both DBP and the C++ toolkit DGDK lack documentation on the use of this function, hence no documentation for DGDK.NET either. Have you tried using a scaling value of actual pixel sizes? Also, when stretching the image, does it modify the actual image in question so that when you paste it, the new pasted image matches the required stretched size?

Paul.

Abundance = Choice = Freedom - Scarcity = Dependancy = Control, Truth!
Paisleys finest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 16:32 Edited at: 28th Mar 2007 16:32
Hi, I tried using

StretchImage ( % of width, % of height) but that didn't work

And I tried

StretchImage (New width in pixels, new width in height) and that didn't work either

When I paste the post "stretched" image, the image is corrupted completely, unrecognisable tbh.

It's DARK GDK.NET I am using, BTW.

Regards, Scott T.

Looking for mature software developer to finish my Bruce Lee remake.. apply via email to MSN address.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:15:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:15:39