Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC X-10 - A thought to speed up games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Would it not be possible Lee, to use fpsc creator to design the levels and setup the basic of the game and then build in something to FPSC that would export out the source code / maps / all else to something Dark Basic Pro can work with? This would speed of the development cycle for Dark Basic Pro users, who would now have a reason to buy FPSC. And also allow FPSC users to get under the hood and for those who havn't, buy Dark Basic, so that they can bring improvements to the game. I think this would allow us to create games that are much faster since we won't be working with a tri-compiled language system.

To me this seems like a win win situation. Just throwing it out there, I know it should be possible.
Rawy
Years of Service
User Offline
I would most certainly buy dark basic or pro if it allowed fpsc for my games.

Im rawy,
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be nice to hear from some of the management or other users regarding what they think about this concept
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
You can already export maps created in FPSC over to darkbasic,there is a tutorial in one of the newsletters explaining how.
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I am referring to the entire output of code. FPSC would generate all of the source code and dependencies and then you could place it in darkbasic pro and compile it from there. This could lead to more security / faster execution / the ability to add more features.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 12:28
1. This should be in FPSC Chat shouldn't it?

2. It's a good idea, i'll give you that. How do you figure that it will lead to faster execution though?

evil lies within all of us...we just don't know it yet

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 06:15
First off, the source is already DBP. I don't see what you mean by 'tri language'. The DBP code reads the FPI code, parsing the lines of text into commands and executing them as required. There is no third language. In a sense, you can already do this simply by downloading the source code (lastest of which is unavailable)

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 08:34
Moving this to Product Chat.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 09:39
You can already do this, the engine source code was released - but really it's a complex beast that most people wouldn't work with. It's tricky enough to pick up other peoples code, but to pick up a whole engine as complex as FPSC, well personally I think you'd be better off writing your own routines using the DBO level objects FPSC creates.

Good guy, Good guy, Wan...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:25:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:25:22