Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / WinFormsShow Case Program will NOT RUN

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 00:30
This is the DarkGDK.NET Stuff. I run the C# program.
I get this error message in my "event viewer" in the Application part of the computer. To get to event viewer, go to control panel, and Administrative Tools, and event viewer.

All I need is a fix or solution to keep this from stoping my program from running.

The message below happens when I try to run the WinFormsShowCase Program.

Here is the message:

Faulting application winformsshowcase.exe, version 1.0.0.0, faulting module d3d9.dll, version 5.3.2600.2180, fault address 0x0017688c.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

G4G
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 05:21
The Winforms example uses the shadowing code which has failed on a number of systems. If you comment out the SetShadowShading line within the example and rebuild it, it may well run.

Can you state whether the other DGDK.NET samples run? If they do, then chances are, it's because your GPU lacks updated drivers or shadow shading capabililty. Let me know if the above helps.

Paul.

Abundance = Choice = Freedom - Scarcity = Dependancy = Control, Truth!
Give it all you got
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 17:41
Apex, I commented out the SetShadowShading line and it worked for me. Now everything is working fine. I think you need to put this issue in the DarkGDK.NET Documentation. Just to let people know how to fix the problem.

Thanks for the help.

G4G

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:28:51
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:28:51