Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help on Darkbasic and 3d Game Maker

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 16:29
Hi,

Iam new to game developing.Can anyone tell me how to create diff levels in 3d game maker and how to create a game engine like 3d game maker.For creating game engines like fps creator and 3d game maker,what should i use?Which Technology?Which Platform?

Pls help me out

Kaushik

Kaushik
cypher0
Years of Service
User Offline
This is the DGDK forum, in which case I should probably say 'use GDGK'!! You'll have to buy the full license if you want to make an engine though

Technology wise C++ and .NET are both fast enough for game dev and similar in speed, .NET's Rapid Application Dev but only runs on Windows. If you want multi platform then you'll have to use C++, which will take longer but give you more control as well as access to a plethora of game dev libraries already made such as GLUT.

GDGK (.NET or C++) will still only run on Windows, but it gets you past the boring parts of game dev and into the fun stuff, well worth it if you want your games made in less than a century.
Kaushik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 13:37
Thanks cypher0.I want to create a game engine soon.Can u suggest any other ways of doing it?

Kaushik

Kaushik
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 14:17
Kaushik, you maybe jumping straight into engine creation too quickly to be honest. Designing a "3D Engine" persay requires alot of time, technical background and experience with projects of a similiar nature. Have you thought about starting out with like playing with the Demo version of DarkBASIC Professional. This alone is capable of allowing you to create customized games and multimedia applications on the Windows platform? The only thing you're limited to really, is your imagination.

May I suggest that you download the demo version of DarkBASIC Professional first before jumping into something as complex as writing a game engine from scratch.

Paul.

Abundance = Choice = Freedom - Scarcity = Dependancy = Control, Truth!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 03:52:01
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 03:52:01