Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Im getting vista but i have some questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 07:29
yep im getting vista! but i have some questions:
1.Will FPS creator work on vista?
2.Will it reboot my pc like delet everthing?
3.Will my gam,es work on vista?
Thank you im gettin windows vista Ultimate

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 07:53
1. Yeah It should. Not 100% sure.

2. Donno

3. Yeah I think so.

===*KABOOM!*
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 08:16
thanks alan c

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 09:35 Edited at: 1st Apr 2007 09:36
1. didn't work for me
2. depends on how you perform the upgrade
3. so far the only game that I got to work with Vista is Halo 1, everything else, including fpsc games, don't work at all for me.

Vista Ultimate!??!?!

$400, wow......

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 11:20
And how are you going to get ultimate?From store or from the internet?

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 11:37
i dont like vista much from what ive heard

Also: POD(sil), i havnt got Multimap yet, ive emailed you saying i havnt but i didnt get a reply

Mods, its 500x100, so you cant tell me its bigger than 600x120
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 11:53 Edited at: 1st Apr 2007 11:54
Quote: "1.Will FPS creator work on vista?
2.Will it reboot my pc like delet everthing?
3.Will my gam,es work on vista?
Thank you im gettin windows vista Ultimate"

1. Apparently, if you install DX9 it will. (I could be thinking of DBPro, I don't know)
2. It depends on whether you're buying the upgrade edition or the full edition of Vista.
3. I saw a list on Wikipedia a few weeks ago which had a list of all the programs that don't work on Vista. Search through Wikipedia for that list and check it out.

Good luck!

http://www.veron.co.nr Visit Veron! Free games, programs and applications! Made in DBPRO, FPSC, and C++, and game coding tutorials, monthly free newsletters and more!
Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 12:44
1. Vista is bad until they fix it
2. Its a waste of money $400
3. Go buy a new computer or a laptop then get it freee.
4. Well yea it will be good for X10.
5. I dont personally recommend it myself
6. But if you want it go get it

Was Hi! but Hi! Was gettin a little iritating
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 06:41 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2007 06:50
"yep im getting vista! but i have some questions:" - You're an idiot.

"1.Will FPS creator work on vista?" - It will, but it seems to have major freak-outs with DirectX 10

"2.Will it reboot my pc like delet everthing?" - Yep.

"3.Will my gam,es work on vista?" - With low FPS.

"Thank you im gettin windows vista Ultimate" - I'm sorry.

You should have gotten Kubuntu: Edgy Eft and ran FPSC through wine, mate.

You should be a little more careful about programs you buy, especially Windows Vista.
All it's 3d windows capabilities are a waste of memory and a piece of crap.

Kubuntu Edgy Eft (With Beryl window manager) does the same window effects as Windows Vista, and more, with half the memory.

If you haven't already paid, DO NOT BY WINDOWS VISTA! Don't get it if you still can stop yourself, stick with XP or 2000! Vista is a trap Microsoft set for you to step in. If you got a warranty, use it while you still can.

1. Windows Vista comes with half the features as MS says it does.

2. The security is annoying - Asks you "Cancel or Allow" to EVERYTHING. (Yes, the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercials are correct, otherwise it wouldn't be legal to air them!)/

3. It is worth a freebie unix based on windows.

4. It takes up a gig of ram, required 512 MBs - Means your gameplay will suck.

5. DirectX 10 is very unstable.

Microsoft made a mistake with Windows Vista, and 75% of people know it. With the Xbox 360 and Vista, Microsoft is going downhill.

While FPSC may look good in Vista, it won't run good.
My brother bought Vista, and I saw it and tried it myself.
It is not all that great.

But hey, it is really your choice.

Windows Vista actually a REALLY good office OS, if you use OpenOffice with it.

If 9 is really stupid, and 1 is super retarted... This is comparing President Bush to a rock:
Bush rock
---------------------------1------------------9
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 07:27 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2007 07:33
Quote: "You should have gotten Kubuntu: Edgy Eft and ran FPSC through wine, mate."

I've yet to see a DX9 game run completely in WINE, so DX10 has no chance.

Quote: "All it's 3d windows capabilities are a waste of memory and a piece of crap."

You say this and then mention Beryl?

Quote: "2. The security is annoying - Asks you "Cancel or Allow" to EVERYTHING."

Firstly, Linux is also very tight on security. Secondly, you can turn security features off in Vista, if you are capable. Just a tip: if you can't navigate a computer well enough to turn these features off, stay away from Linux.

Quote: "5. DirectX 10 is very unstable."

Is even DX9 stable in WINE?

Quote: "While FPSC may look good in Vista, it won't run good. "

You think it's gonna run better using software that doesn't support the graphics API?

Quote: "(Yes, the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercials are correct, otherwise it wouldn't be legal to air them!)/"

So you are saying that Mac is better than Windows/Linux/anything else that runs on a PC. Apart from this fact, if you believe those commercials then you aren't really advanced enough to be using Linux yet, even Ubuntu.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 07:30
Quote: "Also: POD(sil), i havnt got Multimap yet, ive emailed you saying i havnt but i didnt get a reply"

Huh?strange.i emailed it about 7 times.(Grr...never trust hotmail...)

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 07:44 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2007 07:52
Quote: ""yep im getting vista! but i have some questions:" - You're an idiot."

-Nice, throwing around insults because he's asking questions? Cuz he's getting Vista. You're the idiot, and here's why...

Quote: ""1.Will FPS creator work on vista?" - It will, but it seems to have major freak-outs with DirectX 10"

I don't use fps creator, but it should work just fine, considering all my directx 9 games work just fine with vista. Directx 10? I dunno, I don't have a directx 10 card, so I can't vouch for it's stability.

Quote: ""2.Will it reboot my pc like delet everthing?" - Yep."

No, it won't. Unless your pc is suffering from something, then vista, and the programs on it, will run just fine, except for a very minor number of currently incompatible programs.

Quote: ""3.Will my gam,es work on vista?" - With low FPS."

My games run just fine on vista, and I haven't noticed any drops in fps.

Quote: ""Thank you im gettin windows vista Ultimate" - I'm sorry.

You should have gotten Kubuntu: Edgy Eft and ran FPSC through wine, mate.

You should be a little more careful about programs you buy, especially Windows Vista.
All it's 3d windows capabilities are a waste of memory and a piece of crap.

"

Seriously, i'd love to see that, running fpsc through wine I personally can't get enough of the aero glass^_^

Quote: "Kubuntu Edgy Eft (With Beryl window manager) does the same window effects as Windows Vista, and more, with half the memory.

If you haven't already paid, DO NOT BY WINDOWS VISTA! Don't get it if you still can stop yourself, stick with XP or 2000! Vista is a trap Microsoft set for you to step in. If you got a warranty, use it while you still can. "

Are you serious? Kubuntu with beryl? Hahaha. I love ubuntu, don't get me wrong, but don't expect ubuntu to run *any* of your windows games properly.

Quote: "1. Windows Vista comes with half the features as MS says it does."

Vista has all the features listed on the box. If you mean what they said they would include when they were developing it? Yawn, I didn't buy promises, I bought what's listed on the box.

Quote: "2. The security is annoying - Asks you "Cancel or Allow" to EVERYTHING. (Yes, the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercials are correct, otherwise it wouldn't be legal to air them!)/"

Do you even use linux? Everytime I tried to change something I had to enter my root password...

The I'm a mac, I'm a pc commercials are correct? I'm glad you noted that you're a retarded college student who's papers go "pfft" when you use a pc.

(And yes, I did put words in your mouth there)

Quote: "3. It is worth a freebie unix based on windows."

Free unix based on windows? What's the point in that?

Quote: "4. It takes up a gig of ram, required 512 MBs - Means your gameplay will suck."

I run with 512 ram, gameplay does not suck. The only slowdown i've noticed is from my gfx card not being all that great.

Quote: "5. DirectX 10 is very unstable."

I wouldn't know, it's directx 9 support is perfectly stable.

Quote: "Microsoft made a mistake with Windows Vista, and 75% of people know it. With the Xbox 360 and Vista, Microsoft is going downhill."

Xbox 360 going downhill? From what I've been hearing it's knockin the socks off of the ps3. And with the xbox 360 and vista, you can do some nifty multimedia streaming to your entertainment center.

Quote: "While FPSC may look good in Vista, it won't run good.
My brother bought Vista, and I saw it and tried it myself.
It is not all that great."

It'll run just fine on it, as long as it's stable to begin with. How would you know if it'll run good or not? Seriously? Stop making stuff up.

Quote: "But hey, it is really your choice."

Thank you for letting me make the choices

Quote: "Windows Vista actually a REALLY good office OS, if you use OpenOffice with it."

OpenOffice blows. I've used office 2007, it's alright, but the toolbar takes up too much space... I don't use office much anyways, so I don't quite much care.

Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 09:32 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2007 09:43
I don't mean to insult him, I just mean that Microsoft is evil.

I for some reason call everyone idiots, I don't know why.

From now on, if you hear "Idiot" from me, I mean wierd. I call everyone idiots. I call myself an idiot. I call my cat an idiot. Please don't take offense.

"Do you even use linux? Everytime I tried to change something I had to enter my root password..."

That is because you weren't logged in as root .

"
Xbox 360 going downhill? From what I've been hearing it's knockin the socks off of the ps3."

Who in the world said that?
Sure, the Xbox 360 may sell better, but that is because the PS3 has a blu-ray laser, and costs more then Windows Vista, and 2 upgrades from XP. I can't afford that!

I have no clue about the PS3, because I don't have that kind of money.
But I do know that the Xbox 360 is a freezebox.

"It'll run just fine on it, as long as it's stable to begin with. How would you know if it'll run good or not? Seriously? Stop making stuff up."
Because my brother uses FPSC too. He is an FPSC addict. I don't know one time where I have seen him not using FPSC.
He kept getting pissed at his computer, because the cursor was slower then heck.

When I said "it's your choice", I meant that if it will work well for you, that is always what I mean by that.

"Free unix based on windows? What's the point in that?"
Don't ask me... I have no clue what that is, and I don't even remember how I came up with that... Any mindreaders out there?

"I run with 512 ram, gameplay does not suck. The only slowdown i've noticed is from my gfx card not being all that great."

Strange. My brother runs on 2 gigs, and only has trouble when he is using the 3d windows.

"The I'm a mac, I'm a pc commercials are correct? I'm glad you noted that you're a retarded college student who's papers go "pfft" when you use a pc."

I meant in the PC part. The mac part has to be a total lie. I actually don't know, because I have never seen one before, but in a Mac, if your moniter dies -- you're screwed.

My conclusion is, to stick with XP or 2000.

FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, DO NOT STICK WITH 98! If you use 98 or lower, please get vista before I kill you.

"Are you serious? Kubuntu with beryl? Hahaha. I love ubuntu, don't get me wrong, but don't expect ubuntu to run *any* of your windows games properly."

I don't expect it to, I expect Wine too.

Last time I tried to use anything other then wine, I watched green and blue lines for an hour and a half, trying to get my computer back on.

Linux has problems, windows has problems.

If you plan to get FPSC X10 when it comes out, vista might be your OS.

Also, I do not believe the commercials, I meant they were right about that particular commercial about the cancel or allow part.

"No, it won't. Unless your pc is suffering from something, then vista, and the programs on it, will run just fine, except for a very minor number of currently incompatible programs."

"2.Will it reboot my pc like delet everthing?"
I think he means when he installs vista, will he have to wipe his harddrive.
Windows Vista system requirements say that you do have to unless you do an upgrade, last time I checked.

"You think it's gonna run better using software that doesn't support the graphics API?"

I like elderberry... And Wine. But Suse and Ubuntuberries don't taste good without some wine.

"So you are saying that Mac is better than Windows/Linux/anything else that runs on a PC. Apart from this fact, if you believe those commercials then you aren't really advanced enough to be using Linux yet, even Ubuntu."

No, I mean that Windows asks "Cancel or Allow" to everything.

I only believe that because I have seen it happen. You have to say "Always do this with this program from now on.". My brother had to go through and run his games, and press the check to always allow, so he could run properly.

"OpenOffice blows. I've used office 2007, it's alright, but the toolbar takes up too much space... I don't use office much anyways, so I don't quite much care."

Yeah, if you don't use 2.0.

2.1 has some serious problems, get 2.0.

"but the toolbar takes up too much space..."
Do you have the drawing toolbar, the paragraph toolbar, the page marking toolbar, ect. on? Turn them off.

The problem with Office 2007 is that it costs money.

Let me try to answer these questions without the idiot statements, sorry about those.

yep im getting vista! but i have some questions:
1.Will FPS creator work on vista? Depends, probably unstable.
2.Will it reboot my pc like delet everthing? If you mean as in wipe your harddrive, yes if you aren't doing an upgrade.
3.Will my gam,es work on vista? If you are using a newer game, your frames per second will decrease, because Vista takes up alot of ram.
Thank you im gettin windows vista Ultimate

That is what I meant too.

And I just went back through my post and deleted 27 "Idiots"... So please don't take offense if I missed an idiot. .

EDIT: Siggy be gone!

Your signature has been erased by a mod
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 09:34
ow i havent bought vista but i have the money and the recomended requirements for vista... ok i think really im going to stay with XP until the service pack comes out...

j.samson
My beauty it is my sin.
Work in Progress...
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 09:35 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2007 09:43
"ow i havent bought vista but i have the money and the recomended requirements for vista... ok i think really im going to stay with XP until the service pack comes out..."

Probably a good idea, I heard that the next SP comes out soon.

What video card do you have? I just found a nice listing of vista-compatible video cards.

EDIT: Siggy be gone!

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 09:38
cmon mods, dont tell me that his sig is under 600x120 ^
u delete mine and its 500x100

Mods, its 500x100, so you cant tell me its bigger than 600x120
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 09:42
His sig is gone, he's also been noob slapped for 7 days.

Really Person99, get a freaking clue before 'advising' people here, and we don't appreciate you calling people an idiot for buying operating systems.

Good guy, Good guy, Wan...
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 20:24
S4 says FPSC creator does not work on Vista for him, as backed up by other members here. He dose say though that games that normally lagged on XP flew on vista but also notes it could be cause he heavily boosted his memory as well to get Vista to work properly with all the bells and whistles.

So apparently the games made on FPSC work fine, but the engine used to create them has problems with the upgrade.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 20:46 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2007 22:04
Why are you asking questions about Windows Vista in an FPS Creator forum?

Tom

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 22:00
Because he wants to know:
Quote: "1.Will FPS creator work on vista?"

Quote: "3.Will my games work on vista?"

No offense Tom, but if you want to play the sarcastic game like I do, don't come off before actually reading the post in question, and your own post before you allow it to be seen publicly. You have to actually make sense before your post takes on any sarcastic tone. If your reply comes off without credibility, people are going to call a duck, a duck......if you get AUP friendly toning down of the situation.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 22:07
It's obvious that this thread is rapidly descending into chaos...
So I will kill it.
As VanB has noted (and was nice enough to take care of the problem before I got to it) the insult game and personal attacks on other forum members will not be tolerated.
Also...
For those who may not know (or may not remember) swearing is not tolerated on the FPSC forums and can lead to moderative action.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:23:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:23:34