Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Edit the models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have fpsc and all the model packs is there any way that i can edit the models? (Like add new textures to them)?

I have 3ds 9.

Somebody please tell me how to edit the models
SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 02:07
i assume you can use the pandasoft exporter to import .x files, but i haven't used 3dsmax, you can edit the textures by converting them to a jpeg, just search .dds converter on google. or you could look around for some tutorials.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 04:12 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2007 04:14
If you have 3dmax, you shouldn't be asking this question. Nobody owns a $3500.00 application and has absolutely no clue what so ever.
Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
"If you have 3dmax, you shouldn't be asking this question. Nobody owns a $3500.00 application and has absolutely no clue what so ever." your right about me not owning it, my brother does(He is in college for that kind of stuff but has a copy on is pc at home too). Still though how in heck do you put a fps model into 3ds or even just get the w/e so i could have my brother make a texture for it some time?
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 06:41
Then get your brother to tell ya...Nothing like learning when you can be screamed at for messing up.

We don't really answer Max questions around here. Look in the folder at C:/autodesk/3dmax(?whatever number)/tutorials. The pdf's that go with max will all match the .max files in that folder. Theres a whole section on low poly modeling and uvmapping.

That should answer any question you could ever come up with. If you can't find these files, ask your brother where the cd's are. The amount of information and tutorials in them is stagering.

Bottom line is because of all the piracy, we don't answer questions regarding 3rd party applications around here(This can be anything). Plus it keeps the forums cleaner, and more FPSC like.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Isn't having it installed on more than PC at the same time a breach of the copyright? I sure think so...

Tom

Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
"Isn't having it installed on more than PC at the same time a breach of the copyright? I sure think so..." No No He bought another student licness thing (He got it uber cheap).

Any way still 1.my brother won;t be home for another 2 week's at least

2. STILL HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU EDIT THE MODELS AND MODEL PACKS FOR FPSC!!?
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, I see! My mistake.

Tom

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 02:49
That still isn't discussed here. Not sure what else to tell you. Even if your copys legal, were giving aid to those with pirated copies if things are explained to you.

I'm not sure what part of this site not discussing 3rd party apps your not getting here. Log on to your brothers Autodesk account(email him for the u/n and pass. You've established he has another comp where he is) and ask them how to edit .x files with 3dmax. x files aren't proprietary to fpsc. Pretty common mesh file extension. And ask him where the cd's are for those tutorials.

If you can't....wait 2 weeks.
Bout all that can be said.

Good luck
Loc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:30:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:30:48