Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, quick question. What would be the right process for purchasing a 3d models from turbo squid and getting them to work in FPSC??? I would guess they would import and act like prefabs no?? Any help would be great.

Thanks
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
First you would have to get the model from Turbosquid (contact them for that).
Then you have to open and texture the model in a modeling program that supports the format that the model came in.
Then you have to export it to ".x" so your modling program must support that function as well.
After the model has been exported to ".x" you have to build an FPE file to go with it (I recomend the FPSC Entity Maker).
Once the the model, FPE and texture are all in there proper place then it should work.

There is a ton of information on this here in the forums, including some tutorials. You will have to look around to find them. I recomend using the search function to find information you want.

Some can be found here, it is one of the top threads the "FPSC Models and Media" section (I used the search function to find it):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=95490&b=24

The thread is locked so you cant post anything but you can read all the info that is already there.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure the models aren't too high poly before purchasing anything.
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 08:35 Edited at: 14th Apr 2007 08:36
Try filtering FPSC into turbosquid, there is some FPSC-ready stuff...
I am going to create an Office Pack, (6 computer towers, 4 moniters, 3 keyboards, 4 mouses, 3 box office walls, 5 executive desks, 5 information desks) once I can get the dwarf model error out (My models are super small in FPSC, even though I resize them correctly.), and toss them on Turbosquid.

First, I recommend you make sure it isn't high polygon... Don't want to see what would happen if a 4-million poly desert eagle was loaded in FPSC, do we?

Second, you'd have to convert the animations and everything to FPSC.

Try searching for FPSC ready stuff.

The Person99 awards go to: 1. Jack the Ripper for hardest crime scenes. 2. Peter Petrelli for most powers. 3. Superman for longest flight.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:25:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:25:44