Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / make a game like.....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
before i buy this engine Is it possible to make a game like counter strike? shooting each other?
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 20:03 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2007 20:04
What???!!! Oh and just a question what are you going to do once you aren't new?
Slayer_2
P.S. Yes in FPS (First Person Shooter Creator you can shoot people no way JK but you can't make games totally like counter strike and quake 4 but you can make really fun games none the less.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 23:47
Yes you can make games like Counter Strike and Quake 4 even more so

Your only limitation with multiplayer is the number of players allowed which is currently 8 and the fact there aren't a great deal of multiplayer gameplay modes to choose from.

I'm sure this situation will get better with time but for now you could setup a standard multiplayer arena, retexture some characters 50% red style 50% blue. Get yourself and 7 friends on and have a 4 a side. Obviously this depends on how serious your mates are about gaming as they will need to suspend the element of disbelief that you are working as a genuine team.

FPSC, thanks to some really good recent updates is now becoming a genuine contender for best directx 9.0c engine around for small business and indie developers. There are limitations to the software but Quake 4 quality graphics are now becoming closer to reality with FPSC as a recent screenshot of a level I am working on will demonstrate.

I'm currently creating additional texture mapping for all of the scenery visible in this level so that everything has unique surface properties i.e. bump mapping for walls / specular mapping for extra shiny pipes etc. This was the main feature of the Doom3 engine which Quake4 is built on and now shaders have been resolved in FPSC this presents even more eye candy potential.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 20:24
If you got Vista, buy FPSC X10, it will bee Ragdolls just like in Counterstrike
If you are a good modeler you could make great games, the stock media isnt a really great choice for making CS games
I think you should buy it if you dont just think that FPSC will make everything for you, you dont just press a button and you gett Battlefield 2, the better you get in making levels, the better it will look.

Visit us at www.freewebs.com/bigvikinggames , you can find our new free games and new free models.
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 13:41
BIG Viking Games you are making me drool
My PC wouldn't run FPSCX10 even if i could be bothered to install vista. Oh well... maybe i'll get a new pc in a coupla years time.

Right.. back on topic...:
You can make good games with good graphics etc. with FPS creator (and i'm just using the trial at the moment) but you don't have the kind of physics seen in most games nowadays.
You have object physics but "people physics" and "death physics" aren't really implemented.

If you are good at making 3d models, or have a friend who can, you can use your own models ingame which can improve the look immensley.

Another coupla tips to increase the look of your game are:
Spend a long time getting the lighting right.
Use lots of different static entities (as they don't use up much processing power) to populate your levels.

This is coming from a "noob" at FPSC, but i've used it long enough to know it's potential... and to know i'm saving up as hard as i can to buy it.

FPSC 4ever.

E.D.

sig later

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:29:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:29:05