Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I got my model to load into my game and the wheels go in the correct direction with the arrow keys but when I go in forward or reverse the wheels dont stay on the ground. They lift off the ground when they are spinning. Does anyone know what can cause this? Or what I might be able to do to fix this problem.
VRMan3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 09:04
Hi Thor,

I think you just have a simple problem to fix there with your floating wheels. All that's happening is that your physics wheels are larger diameter than your visible wheels. Match em up and you should be good to go. (Please correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but I think I've run into that several times before)

I'd recommend setting up the visual physX debugger so you can see clearly what's happening. Contact me if you have trouble setting that up (if I recall that was easy too, and very helpful for that type of thing.)

Drive safe and keep all four wheels on the ground thor!

-=VRMan=-

(someday I outta release my stunt sims I've made with DarkPhysics (and Newton Dynamics)..... Old topic, I've been away, but anyone ever get realistic drifting/powersliding going with DP? Actually nevermind, I better go searching the threads like a good boy first ha ha, and maybe post a new thread rather than mess with this one. Feel free to ask me for help though Thor, I've done a ton with the vehicle stuff. Peace.)

World Famous 3D Screensavers
-- http://www.vrman3d.com --
x_THOR_x
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your help, I was wondering about the debugger you mentioned, I am not sure of the debugger you mean. I have the debugger that came with DBpro but thats it (as far as I know). Am I missing something?
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 08:18
VRMan3D is referring to the Visual Remote Debugger which came with DarkPhysics. You can find it under Darkphysics-> Tools-> Debugger.

In order to use it, you need to call phy enable debug before phy start in your code. After that, compile your project, and switch to the visual debugger window with the exe still running. Here you can see the bounds of all physics object and how they interact with each other, so tweaking should be easier.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 14:58:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 14:58:45