Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I changed the lockeddoor prompt but it doesnt look right.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I changed the prompt that tells when a door is locked. I used photoshop to do it. Instead of just saying what I changed it to, it looks like it still says the original prompt over top of it.

Here is a pic of it to show what I mean.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 06:15
JPG please.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 14:01
The alpha channel is still assigned to the original image. You need to make a brand new image and add a new alpha channel:
1) Make your image with a true black (RGB 0,0,0) background. Go to 'masks' (or the photoshop equivalent)
2) Apply a new mask for all non-zero value (or the photoshop equivalent)
3) Save the mask as an alpha channel ('save to alpha channel' or the photoshop equivalent)
4) Save image as a .tga file. It will now have a fully transparent background.

Hope that helps,
AE

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 16:41 Edited at: 5th Apr 2007 16:42
Here is what I have tried:

I revamped the old lockeddoor.DDS and tried use that, and got the issue that I previously posted.

I then saved it as a TGA and still got the the issue that I previously posted.

Created a new image with a background that has the color value set at 0,0,0.

Added whith text to it.

I then tried to save it as a TGA and found that the alpha option was not an option.

I then saved it as a DDS, and changed the file extension in the script to dds and tried use that.

The image did not show up ingame at all.

I then saved it as a TGA even though it didnt give the option to save with alpha cannels, and changed the file extension in the script back to tga.

I closed and reopened FPSC.

I then created 2 32bit bitmaps, one with a background of 0,0,0 and white text, and another with a white background and text with the value of 0,0,0.

I used them to build a TGA with an alpha channel.

I used the lockeddoor.tga that came with FPSC and it worked fine, so it has to be something wrong with my immage.

I have been using FPSC for 1yr 5 months. I have figured alot out on my own. I have been using Adobe Photoshop for years. I have created transparrent images for FPSC before and had no issues, so at this point im wondering what the heck is going on. What is so different with these TGA files from the standard DDS and TGA files that I am used to working with?

Considering all that I have done, does anyone have any other options that I might try? Or at least some input on my current method?

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 16:56
Ofcourse, you do know, you'll have to change the doorkey.fpi to included the name of your new .tga or .dds don't you? Otherwise, it will revert back to the original image.

AE

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 17:04 Edited at: 5th Apr 2007 17:47
I did state that I changed the file extention in the script. I should have said name as I did change the name in the script to the name of the file that I wanted to use. It just didnt show up in the game.

Also the TGA option doesnt offer aplha channels.

Thanks for the info.

Edit:
I finally got the image to show up in TGA format but the background is black. The color for the background is set at 0,0,0.

I also saved the TGA file with a transparrent background and it still showed a black background in the game.

Edit:
I just saved the image as a dds with a transparrent background and it works.

Thanks for the effort.

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 17:49
Your a very patient guy

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 19:00 Edited at: 5th Apr 2007 19:30
Now I have another issue concerning the same image and script. In my test level it works great. In my main level it still shows the default lockeddoor TGA file.

Here is what I have done to trouble shoot it.

I made sure that I gave the "Door Control Room (Key)" in the main level the same script that I gave the "Door Control Room (Key)" in the test level.

That didnt work.

I deleted the "Door Control Room (Key)" from my main level saved the level and closed FPSC. Then I reopened FPSC and readded the "Door Control Room (Key)" and the assigned the script that I want it to use.

That didnt work either.

I deleted the "Door Control Room (Key)" dbo and bin files and that didnt work either.

I set the doorkey.fpi to use the new image and the door in my main level now shows the image I want. However I would like to have only one set of doors show that image.

If its the same door, the same script, and the same image then it should work in both levels. Right?

It seems that the main level wants to use the doorkey.fpi and not my other script.

How do I get the door in the main level to use my other script? It is set to use my other script in the editor but it just doesnt.

Remember that it does work perfectly in the test level and not the main level.

Any input would be appreciated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:32:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:32:37