Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] What would you like to see?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 05:37
Well, I am the newguy on the block, and have read a few of the threads regarding piracy(what a shame), these new vaporware multiplayer mods(I am guessing at this), and suggestions for new mods and games and topics along those lines.

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mark Hammong, Programmer and Game Engine Developer, and have recently stumbled upon FPS Creator. I see this is a new, give or take 2 years, and a soon to be greatly developing engine. I wish to take this situation and turn it into a proposal.

I am making this a statement towards the Map List Server thread, which is Locked currently. These features(multiplayer) seem to be lacking extremly in the FPS Creator Multiplayer System, and I wish to attempt to change that. I wish to code some new programs and make additions/edits to the FPSC Source to breathe new life into FPSC and bring up the spirits of this community.

Here is a list of mini-projects which will hopefully add-on to the Multiplayer experience in FPSC.(Please note I am starting small until I get the feel for DBPro, but how different from BASIC could it be, right?):

Map List Server:
Register (username and password)
Login (with username and password)
Join Internet Game
Join LAN Game
Map Name
Server Name
Server Location
Maximum Players
Current Players
Host Internet Server
Host LAN Server
Refresh Server List
Logout

For this project I plan to code a front-end dedicated server application which can be run in dedicated, or non-dedicated mode. It would call upon web references(the custom map list server) which would be coded in a PHP environment and store information via MySQL5 or the new BETA6. It would also be called upon from within the FPSC source to let them coincide during runtime.

I must also make a statement and question(s). First off, are there any programmers here that have a good knowledge of better Network Engines and their commands which could help me implement them? I mean, I would go and blow this away with RakNet, but that's quite a bit. Second, I would like the opinion of the valued community members of what THEY would like to see in FPSC. I will use everything in my arsenal of coding knowledge and connections to get this going.

If you would like to help me with the networking suggestions and/or coding, give me an e-mail(tehprogrammer@gmail.com)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My second mini-project shall be an external application that would be capable of editing the size of your map. I currently see the limitations are set at 40x40 tiles and 20 layers. I was peeking around at the FPSCreator.exe in ResHacker to get an idea of how it works, and stumbled upon this dialog, which I can not seem to find access to anywhere in the program. A screenshot of this dialog is attached along with a small box of comments from me about it.

Before starting on this second mini-project. I wish to ask the developers of the FPS Creator application if I may have permission(s) from you as the creators and the copyright holders for this program if the applications I create are legal and non-rejected by you.

If there is any problem at all with creating these modifications and such, PLEASE let me know, I have worked with copyrighted program modifications before and tend to tread lightly until I know exactly what is and IS NOT allowed.

Hello, and Nice to meet you all,

Mark Hammond
dnommaH kraM

FPSX - A whole new level of FPSC!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 06:08 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 06:25
I'd like to see a world where people didn't bump threads.

I'd like to see a world where political correctness is replaced by common sense.

I'd like to see a world where man has some actual predators. The stupid, need to be eaten to clean up the gene pool.

These are but a few
Loc

How can you post a thread with no text?
Is that a forum glitch mods?
Hope everyone realizes donmmaH Kram made this post and not me....lol...Looks like I posted this crap from in here

donmmaH Kram
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 06:45
Hmm, I had a post, maybe 2,000 words long, and it isn't there, you are kidding me if I have to rewrite it all. This forum seems a bit buggy, maybe reaching bandwidth limits?

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 06:46 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 07:01
Yeah, I got a message from the creator of this thread, telling me that he had written out a long, apparently 2,000 or so words long post, but it failed to show up when the topic was posted...

Tom

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 07:11
You were still on post approval and apparently someone approved the thread, but forgot to approve the actual post in the thread, but thats fixed now.

I deleted your other thread asking where your post went.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
donmmaH Kram
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 07:12
Thanks BULLSHOCK 2, now that this is fixed, backed to my original post and questions towards the community.

donmmaH Kram
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 07:14
Well, I am the newguy on the block, and have read a few of the threads regarding piracy(what a shame), these new vaporware multiplayer mods(I am guessing at this), and suggestions for new mods and games and topics along those lines.

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mark Hammond, Programmer and Game Engine Developer, and have recently stumbled upon FPS Creator. I see this is a new, give or take 2 years, and a soon to be greatly developing engine. I wish to take this situation and turn it into a proposal.

I am making this a statement towards the Map List Server thread, which is Locked currently. These features(multiplayer) seem to be lacking extremly in the FPS Creator Multiplayer System, and I wish to attempt to change that. I wish to code some new programs and make additions/edits to the FPSC Source to breathe new life into FPSC and bring up the spirits of this community.

Here is a list of mini-projects which will hopefully add-on to the Multiplayer experience in FPSC.(Please note I am starting small until I get the feel for DBPro, but how different from BASIC could it be, right?):

Map List Server:
Register (username and password)
Login (with username and password)
Join Internet Game
Join LAN Game
Map Name
Server Name
Server Location
Maximum Players
Current Players
Host Internet Server
Host LAN Server
Refresh Server List
Logout

For this project I plan to code a front-end dedicated server application which can be run in dedicated, or non-dedicated mode. It would call upon web references(the custom map list server) which would be coded in a PHP environment and store information via MySQL5 or the new BETA6. It would also be called upon from within the FPSC source to let them coincide during runtime.

I must also make a statement and question(s). First off, are there any programmers here that have a good knowledge of better Network Engines and their commands which could help me implement them? I mean, I would go and blow this away with RakNet, but that\'s quite a bit. Second, I would like the opinion of the valued community members of what THEY would like to see in FPSC. I will use everything in my arsenal of coding knowledge and connections to get this going.

If you would like to help me with the networking suggestions and/or coding, give me an e-mail(tehprogrammer@gmail.com)

My second mini-project shall be an external application that would be capable of editing the size of your map. I currently see the limitations are set at 40x40 tiles and 20 layers. I was peeking around at the FPSCreator.exe in ResHacker to get an idea of how it works, and stumbled upon this dialog, which I can not seem to find access to anywhere in the program. A screenshot of this dialog is attached along with a small box of comments from me about it.

Before starting on this second mini-project. I wish to ask the developers of the FPS Creator application if I may have permission(s) from you as the creators and the copyright holders for this program if the applications I create are legal and non-rejected by you.

If there is any problem at all with creating these modifications and such, PLEASE let me know, I have worked with copyrighted program modifications before and tend to tread lightly until I know exactly what is and IS NOT allowed.

Hello, and Nice to meet you all,

Mark Hammond
dnommaH kraM

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 07:29
Not to go off topic(I could on my original casue there was no topic) but this had me trippen out. All I could do is think back to my youth and all the bad thing I would ingest....I was scared....

donmmaH Kram
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 07:37
Hello All,

I have compiled the dedicated server program and it now completly works with a new INI file called multiplayer.ini. It edits the fields in the INI which is called and parsed in FPSC-Game.exe. I am still finalizing it in the Engine Source and will post an alpha after I fix this odd error about the program nest not ending, it seems I might have added too many lines of code, or it was set to a specfic number or something.

Otherwise, I attached a .zip with the dedicated server exe and its dependent files and the multiplayer.ini, you can test it out by settings different settings in the program and cliking start. When you open the INI you will see your changes. It also edits setup.ini at various times too for shaders, lights, shadows, etc.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 08:48
Wish ya luck with all this. The multi player fans will love you.

donmmaH Kram
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 08:51
Thanks Loc, and good luck to you with SinniNSoul, I shall bookmark the site as it appears to be shaping into a great game.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 09:33 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 10:13
Ah you aint kidding the multiplayer guys in this community will love this guy.... im already falling for him and I don't even know him...

I like the features your working on which is a strong start to begin with. Have you thought about adding game types like

team play
search and destroy
capture the flag

currently FPSC only supports deathmatch... major fall back for an online game...

Also support for multiple maps would be a major benifit.... even if it requires us to build a seperate game per map but as long as the server list shows them all on its list this could be an easy work around for us.

Anyways if there are other ideas you want voiced in here ill be sure to drop back in and drop another idea or two...

Thanks and welcomed to the community...

------------Edit---------------
You may want to put a footnote that anybody wanting to look at your dedicated server that they will need to have .net 2.0 installed first.

------------Edit----------------
I can certinaly fall in love with this interface... It looks like a great setup and I see your looking into game type variations already.... Thats a sweet thing for any of us working on the aspect of putting out a game that works on a dedicated server.... Question your interface can't override the hardcode in FPSC so I am presuming your going to have to hardcode FPSC to work with your interface. meaning the game variations wont work until you impliment these features into FPSC...

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
The interface looks great!! I cant wait for it to become functional.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
donmmaH Kram
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 19:13
Thanks for the compliments, and here is to clear a few things up:

@CLiPs,

Thanks for the ideas, I will work on adding a search and destroy type game into the project.

NOTE: Yes, anyone wishing to use the Dedicated Server Interface wil need .NET Framework 2.0, I will add it to the download for those who do no hve it.

I will indeed hardcode this into the interface, but more like softcode. I am going to take the direction of putting all this code into a .txt or another file type like .pck or .pk3, and have the engine call the code in the file, that way the end-user and FPSC Game developer can easily edit, remove,and add to this.

About multiple maps. I am looking into that right now, and as you migh see in the dedicated server, there is a box where you type in map name, so I will see if I can get the engine to use the map in there, or maybe use a little DX9 power to make a map selection list as a .fpi file(lke title.fpi, setup.fpi, etc.) and have it show a list of all te maps in the levelbank folder, along with a preview thumbnail of the level, do one or both of those sound like they would work the way you guys need them to?

Key1Cracker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 19:19
Hi
I have Tested , but it is not working. I think that's Dialog panel was only for test or idea for fpsc or ..,But i can make it if I have permision from Fps Creator Programmer. you know it is for sake of copyright.
sorry for my curious about your fps creator.

Thanks
donmmaH Kram
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 21:56
Hello and Greetings Key1Cracker,

Cool to see you have the dialog able to appear in the editor, but I shall e-mail Lee, Rich, and Rick to ask them about this, as I am unsure about adding this mod in and releasing the map editor.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 23:56 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 23:59
Please don't take offence Mark, but I feel as a moderator I should point out the precautions people should take when downloading compiled programs. I'm sure you mean well, but we have had new members join (and old members rejoin under a different name) simply to cause havoc in the past and so caution has to be exercised.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 23:57 Edited at: 7th Apr 2007 00:03
Quote: "Please don't take offence Mark, but I feel as a moderator I should point out the precautions people should take when downloading compiled programs. I'm sure you mean well, but we have had new members join simply to cause havoc in the past and so caution has to be exercised."

I agree, but after running a virus check on the compiled .exe with AVG (Free Version), I can confirm it came back negative. Just for you people that don't like downloading .exe files in case they may have viruses.

Tom

donmmaH Kram
User Banned
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 23:59
@BatVink,

I am not getting you.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 00:05
Let's say a guy called T causes trouble and gets banned. He could rejoin as a guy called D with the intention of seeking revenge for what he feels was unjust.

One of the jobs of the moderators is to keep the forums safe, and hence remind people of the precautions they should take, here or anywhere else on the internet. Unfortunately, well-meaning people are subjected to the same regulations.
donmmaH Kram
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 00:06
No Problem, thanks for letting me know BatVink.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 02:14
Quote: "Please don't take offence Mark, but I feel as a moderator I should point out the precautions people should take when downloading compiled programs. I'm sure you mean well, but we have had new members join (and old members rejoin under a different name) simply to cause havoc in the past and so caution has to be exercised. "

I can certianly appreciate this comment. And our Moderator is correct. My first thing when downloading this program was to run it through my norton, adware, spybot program to make sure I am getting a clean file.

This file showed clean. I have ran the program and everything seems very legit. This was just a view of the interface from what I am seeing at this point. Workable Iin its present state well I havent got it to work yet but I havent toyed with the 2 .ini files yet and made any proper changes there yet to see if I can get this to call out.

Now my pc is setup like a webhost WAMP5 with all the plugins so testing this out in a php format will be a breeze for me thats if I can get this things to work. And since my pc is ran as a dedicated server that host many websites on the internet it should be easy for me to setup and have others test it on the internet through my pc

So donmmaH Kram if you need someome to Beta test this as your getting ready to send this out I would be more then willing to offer my services to help working to get out all the kinks

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
donmmaH Kram
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 05:02
Hi All,

FPSX UPDATE CONTENT BELOW:

I have taken last night and most of today to work on the web interface for the map list server. I currently have a set of .php web pages that manage the servers, ban list(for yur game server), server location manager, game type manager, time and score limit, and a server list. I am currently setting up a test MySQL database, and will look into having FPSC call and check these values from the internet.

CLiPs:

Thanks for the offer, I will keep you filled in, you should be a reat help for testing the web interface and the mod in a whole.

Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
Dude, You are my hero

This looks awesome!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:25:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:25:11