Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Zombie wrongly walking on the spot

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 19:05
I have a small maze, I want an enemy to find the player and close in on him, the player will take damage when the enemy is touching him.

So no problem, zombie AI should do that, I tried it on an empty room, the zombie is daft as hell, first the distance it can see is small, second its hit or miss if it moves towards the player, and then if one moves about it will stop and just walk on the spot, in fact you have to go out of your way to get a zombie to come to you, I even put its sight cone way up, thought it would make it more active.

So the problem we have is one, make it see farther, and 2 stop walking on the spot. I didn't put any way points in, didn't think it would need any, its not walking around having a stroll, it just needs to see you walk towards you, of course if it had to move around stuff then id put way points in, but i just testing on an empty room, what's with the walk on the spot routine, how can this be fixed, I want zombie that come at you, not come at you now and again and then walk on the spot, it looks very wrong and unnatural.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 19:24
Unless you post or at least tell us what script your zombie is using and what his settings are then there is no way anyone can give you an intelligent response.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "zombie AI"

I think that is the script, xplosys? But if it is not, then could you post the scripts you are using, fallen one?

Tom

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 20:30
Its the zombies in model pack 4, there is a bunch of them but they all do that walk on the spot deal.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 20:37
Damn no edit button on the posts,

I see 3 things under AI,
start main and destroy.

Start says appear,
main we can change this, it may say zombie but we can change it to chase.
Third says destroy fade.

So i take this as when game starts appear, do this and then fade if destroyed.

If I change the main to chase it just goes into a spasm in game and stands on the spot jittering.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 21:13 Edited at: 7th Apr 2007 21:14
I don't know why, but it now seems my characters are doing the same. Even with WWII characters that used to follow me, now they just walk in place.

Must be another V1.05 glitch.

Best.

Red Stone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 21:30
search for spiders and there was something made by peanutbutterfingers and there is a poison script try that for the shoot part

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 22:01
It looks like a collision problem with the floor. I raised the character up in the editor just one tap of the Page Up key and after that he walked normally.

Best.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 22:35
It's a good idea to hit the PageUp button once before you place a character.
That alone has solved a number of problems for me.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 23:10
Did the page up, that worked, thanks guys, is page up the same as the plus key in that it raises you a level higher. Ill just do some tests with my gametype and see how I get on.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
No, Page Up only raises the entity's height, not the floor. The plus key raises the entity's height.

Tom

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 04:52
@ xplosys

Quote: "It looks like a collision problem with the floor. I raised the character up in the editor just one tap of the Page Up key and after that he walked normally."

Duhh, I've been doing it the hardway. Going into the fpe file and setting the y offset to 5.

As opposed to Highlander.
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 11:43
@redstonegames: Rolfy made the spidders; not butters

The Kalspher forums are now open!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:29:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:29:19