Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / hud message quirk

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 04:06
Not sure what is going on. Spent too much time already trying to see if anybody else was having this problem. Couldn't find anything so here is a new thread. When I first started making hud messages I had no problem, was getting the transparent background and nice clear white letter. I put that aside while I finished up my level and now am back to create the rest of the dialog and other pickup type messages. I am still getting transparent backgrounds but the white letters show up black in the test level. When I do a build they will be white with one major problem. They are not clean letters. They are broken up and it almost seems that the characters are transparent in spots.

I am using Gimp 2.2. I'm not sure if I accidently changed any properties. I don't think it is the font type. Shouldn't be, but I tried several different fonts anyway with no solution.

I'm not holding my breath but I hope somebody has had experience with this. I'm not good at all with graphics programs and once I finally had Gimp figured out to make transparencies -- and it worked -- I thought I was home free. I guess not.

As opposed to Highlander.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 04:16
Try using a 24 bit png and not and 8 bit.

If that don't work we'll try some other stuff.

One at a time though

Loc

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 04:20
Thanks, Locrian, will do.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 04:46
Again, a big thanks. PNG works. I had been saving in TGA. I do have to admit, however, that I could not figure out how to make it a 24 bit rather than 8 bit. I didn't go to the website help page but just decided to go with whatever Gimp's default would have been.

It still comes up black in the test phase, but as long as it shows up white in the compiled version then I will just accept it as is. What is interesting is that it is only happening in new levels. My very first original level shows up white. Go figure.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:26:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:26:31