Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Private Forums

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is basically a response related to BatVink's post in the Easter Present thread...

Just a suggestion:

If there were public and private forums, the job of policing may be a bit easier on you guys. What I mean by private is that only people that have bought a copy of TGC products have access to the respective private areas.

I see the main advantage as being more focused threads with less trolling in the private areas.

Of course, the public forums will remain the same probably... though there may be less clutter.

I don't even know if you can easily do this with Apollo, but it's just a thought.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 07:32
This would be a good idea, but the only logical and easy way to do it would be to use theire order history as a flag for wether or not thyre allowed in the forum, but if that was the case, only customers that bought the product thru TGC would be allowed, and that wouldent work.

IDK, i think the forums are fine with a little baybysitting, and a little moderation here and there, it just gets out of hand around the holidays i guess

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I figured as much. It could be done probably with a script that checks against their product key. That's probably more work than it's worth though.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 09:49
Hmm from a web designers point of view this could be done with no impact on the community to date. If you bought FPSC through TGC then there would be an active database already on you.

But to those who have purchased outside the forums... They could when signing up for membership use there code key to gain access to the membership and this also helps on the piracy because a code key used more then once could be flagged...

But I dont see any outstanding benifits at this point other then all the actual user's will start putting there media in the mebership side instead of the community side.... Hmmm may not be a bad idea after all this way if your pirating it then getting your daily or weekly freebe here on the forum just became harder...

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 17:42
We allow everyone to join the forums even if they don't own TGC products.
It's a good policy to make as many people feel welcome as we can.
The one flaw in your logic is that people who own TGC products can cause the same problems and issues and those that do not.
There's no code of honor or anything like that when people buy TGC products.
And,speaking as a moderator,we don't want any more forums than are necessary.
I think they way it works now is fine.
It's not a bad idea just not a practical one.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
M'hm. The idea is fairly good, but there are, as many have already pointed out, just too many flaws with the procedure.

Tom

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 20:39 Edited at: 9th Apr 2007 20:40
although it would be a good idea,the serial codes are computer generated and are logically going to appear twice. also think about this: i own FPSC the model packs and dark basic, none of which were bought on this account and were bought by my dad without making an account (i think) therefore i would not be able to access the forums.

best of the rest!
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 23:20
Quote: "bought by my dad without making an account "

how did he download the model packs? I thought you needed an account to do that? Not sure though.

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:29:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:29:00