Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / In game Videos?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 21:51
In game Videos?
-as you can see the persons talking and moving,

What I mean is it some program there you can import your models
and create video scenes and export it as a video file?

-I hope you understand what I mean...
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 22:12
Use The Movies.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 23:40
1. Get a 3d moddeling program.

2. Model and Animate what you want.

3. Render the result

@American Infantry

A bit of a vague response what do u mean exactly?

evil lies within all of us...we just don't know it yet

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 23:50
Your best result is to follow the three steps. Get a modelign program and make the scenes you want. You will have to modle your own charachters, animate and provide voices for them. Then create it in a movie format that will work in FPSC. Import into your game and then when you trigger the zone the movie will play. I am doing this for my game to show hints and tips during gameplay.

K.L. Phair
Gamers Gear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 13:08
Quote: "Use The Movies."

No no no!

I used The Movies back in my first FPSC day's and it was hard to make it look like a in-game scene. Also you don't have full control on the animations...

Other than that, great game!.

Gamers-Gear the only gear you need!
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 13:58
and i dont think they would like you using there game to make movies in games u sell

Mods, its 500x100, so you cant tell me its bigger than 600x120
Sly
Years of Service
User Offline
You should try making cutscenes from within FPS Creator,as then you can set waypoints and such and Record them with something like Fraps or another screen capturer.

This way the cutscenes will look the same as the game.

-Sly
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 16:41
Quote: "I used The Movies back in my first FPSC day's and it was hard to make it look like a in-game scene. Also you don't have full control on the animations... "

You do not want to use any movies except your own for simple reasons as stated, you have no control over the movies and all. If you want to make good cinematic scenes, then you are going to need to take the time and effort to make them yourself.

Quote: "You should try making cutscenes from within FPS Creator,as then you can set waypoints and such and Record them with something like Fraps or another screen capturer.

This way the cutscenes will look the same as the game."

Cutscenes like this are good, however if you want specific scenes showing yuour charachter and another charachter talking etc. then you need to make your own scene. You cna easily do this to look like the game. You can recreate your own models to look like the models form the background of the scene you want to portray. To do this, use GameCam or another screen recorder like Fraps, tape the way you would want the scene to look. Then in a modleing program, create a identical background and evrything else in the scene. That wya it will look exactly like the game and you cna use the video as reference to the detials of the scene. I hope this helps.

K.L. Phair
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
In 3ds Max, you can animated the characters however you want and export normally with a new filename like "thug_cut_ani1.x" and set it up like a dynamic object (not a character), then use a trigger to start the animation when you enter the room. The "trick" is to have the player or the characters out of each other's sight by the end of the animation or the characters will simply freeze at the end of the animation cycle.

Personally, I just convert the universe.dbo into .x, import into 3ds Max, re-texture, import the characters, re-rig and animate them, light and render the scene without anti-aliasing. The effect is near perfect as far as looking "in-game" but of course you can't walk around the area or interact.

wowblobby
Years of Service
User Offline
wow i didnt understand a word you said darkfact im new to game makin and i needed to know how im not trying to hijack this thread or sound stupid but can you put that kinda simpaler

touch the cat fell my bat
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 06:12
That is a lot of extra steps. You can do it much simpler by doing what Sly said by making a cutscene. Make an animation and then animate it. With GameCam or Fraps or another screen capture device, record the animation then add in the voice overs, sound effects etc. then save it as a wav or another video file that can be saved in FPSC. Then import that file in a video sequence trigger, so that when you go into the zone for where you want to have your movie played, then it will play your custom made movie with sound effects, voice overs etc. You do not have to import .x files or anything else. Just making a animation and recording it then saving it as a video file is much easier. If you need any help let me know and I will tell you how to do it.

K.L. Phair
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Those aren't *extra steps*. Those are two options. One option is to have a pre-rendered cutscene (a movie) and the other is to have an in-game cutscene (interactive).

However, I do go the extra steps to make MY movies because it gives me more control and a better outcome than simply using fraps to record an enemy following a waypoint.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 17:00 Edited at: 12th Apr 2007 17:03
Quote: "However, I do go the extra steps to make MY movies because it gives me more control and a better outcome than simply using fraps to record an enemy following a waypoint."

Ok. I never said to have a enemy following a waypoint or anything like that, but I will just say this quote: "Smile and wave boys, smile and wave"

K.L. Phair
Maxi Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 17:56
I`ve used fraps and recorded "in-game"
with the character follow waypoint.
So....thanx Sly

Yeah! (Thats the point)
Sly
Years of Service
User Offline
No problem,I learned that trick from a good friend of mine,though he is leaving this forums now...

-Sly
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 22:51
sorry if this makes me a newb, but i gave up on trying to use darkbasic ages ago, but how do you convert a .DBO object to a .X object??

best of the rest!
Gamers Gear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 00:01
Quote: "You do not want to use any movies except your own"

Just asking: you do know that I was talking about this right?

Gamers-Gear the only gear you need!
Sly
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes,we know that.But it makes very default movies all the time,Try making 10 different movies with it,in the same genre.It will be a little hard...

-Sly
Maxi Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 16:47
Gamers Gear:

-I have tried "the movies" and its very difficoult to
make the exactly scienes.

Yeah! (Thats the point)
bsgamemaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 00:02 Edited at: 14th Apr 2007 00:10
Quote: "Personally, I just convert the universe.dbo into .x, import into 3ds Max, re-texture, import the characters, re-rig and animate them, light and render the scene without anti-aliasing. The effect is near perfect as far as looking "in-game" but of course you can't walk around the area or interact."

Darfact, what do you use to convert universe.dbo into x or any other format such as 3ds? Wanted to know this because wanted to see if I could import level into Giles for baking lightmapping onto level. Also want to be able to import into Blender3D possibly for more rendering and cutscenes.

Also when you convert universe.dbo to x file or whatever, will it contain all textures?

BSGamemaker..
Maxi Studio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 12:25
To bsgamemaker

What is universe.dbo?
-is it the level or just the skymap or...or??

Yeah! (Thats the point)
bsgamemaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 11:00
Quote: "What is universe.dbo?
-is it the level or just the skymap or...or??"

Universe.dbo is the map file for your level.
It contains your models and segments for your levels but not lightmaps and few other tid bit items.

BSGamemaker..
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
one of the next features that is needed is a 'flycam' mode where you can fly around the level like freecam in BF2!

It would make it so much easier!

The More You Study The More You Know, The More You know The More You Forget, The More You Forget The Less You Know,
So Why Study?
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 22:51
Quote: "I`ve used fraps and recorded "in-game"
with the character follow waypoint.
"

All the FRAPS movies I get turn out cra... rubbish. Their all pixelated and the frame rate is really low. But when I hit F10, the frame rate goes back to 32fps again. Oh well

Your signature has been deleted due to the fact that it was far too humourous to possibly show.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:17:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:17:50