Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Prevent multiplayer hacking

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 22:37
I'm working on a simple multiplayer game right now and was wondering what are some useful ways to prevent cheating. I realize there's no absolute guarantee way of doing this, but some protection is better than none, I would think. Or would it be possible to set up my game with PunkBuster or some other anti-cheating software, that reasonably fits my tight/no budget?

So you know, I'm using DarkGDK and VC++ 2005 express.

Thanks for hearing me out!

Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 15:12
first of all control what the clients are sending to eachother.

I will do it that you crypt the data with a key and control the data against the key.

Niels Henriksen
Working on a (MMO)RPG right now in DarkEngine
http://www.tigernet.dk - Send SMS to mobile online (will come in english soon)
y2ksw
Years of Service
User Offline
For encrypting data I would suggest to use the Windows CryptoAPI, since this is a well tested environment, present at everybodies PC and quite simple to use. All it needs is to implement a class or module which exposes some basic functions which you may use to encrypt and decrypt your messages. Nothing fancy.

For the fancy you may use session certificates, which add quite some security and are pretty useless to hack, since they would change on a new connection. But they also require a lot of coding to be reliable.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:05:39
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:05:39