Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to get started???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that this post is stupid, and that there are thousands like this one, but please someone help me...
Me and my friend decided to make a game and we DO know how much work it needs... I just dont know where to start because there is so much work...
I need a list of things I have to do.. This is something like that and u guys please help me...

1. Write the whole story to the smallest details (I did some of it)
2. Think of all enemies and objects I will need and create them (and get the sounds and textures for them)
3. Make everything FPSC ready
4. Create the game in FPSC, and check if everything works..

The problem is I dont know anything about modelling.. Which moddeling program shall I use? I mean which is the best compactible with fpsc (so the animations will work).. I do have 3d studio max and I like it, will he work and how? Do i just convert the model with animation to .x format??? Help!!!
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 15:21
Search on google for Panda exporter or something.

And 3ds max is a pretty expensive.
Did you bought it?

Because if you did you probably would know what you could do with it.

And you are asking for which moddeling program you should use?

And you have 3ds max why even ask?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 17:48
Quote: "I do have 3d studio max and I like it, will he work and how? "

Quote: "The problem is I dont know anything about modelling.. "

That seems to be a huge investment for someone who knows nothing about modeling and is developing their first game. You could have started with a free program to learn. Why did you buy such an expensive program to start with?

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 19:39
The question is did he bought it?
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
"I have 3ds Max" can also mean "I have the demo".

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 21:47 Edited at: 11th Apr 2007 21:47
Cyber Lee,

If you want to make games with FPSC or any ther engine the best advice is to not get too complicated at first. Sure you can think of a plot or storyline and develop it but dont get too involved with investing too much time and effort into it and try to go for gold at your first game making attempts if you are new to gamemaking.

To be successful more importantly you will have to like the engine you use and decide if it is suitable for your use while you take best adavtage of what you have available. Use the default media (you can always replace it) to importantly learn about the product, what it can do and its limitations - Develop while you learn, start with some test levels and then something more advanced. Learn some scripting as you go it will help you. What you learn you can utilise later in real game levels or develop your main game idea and use test levels to do just that. Test out features and functions and skills before you put them into you main game levels.

Making a game needs a lot of work Yes.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"
Cyber Lee
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I have it, but I got it from my dads friend (he is a pro) but i am asking will fpsc import animations from 3ds max because i have heard that sometimes the animation gets "lost" while exporting it...
I have choosen FPSC because its very dificcult to program your own engine, and I know how to use it and i learned FPI language..

I read many fpsc tutorials and made some basic levels, made some scripts and learned how to import your own models, and make your own segments, but know Im learning about modelling so I need help about that...

Im not a totral n00b...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:23:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:23:01