Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / New Member.. Forum Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone!

I recently bought a used box version of FPSC from a friend of mine who never really go into using it, and been reading alot on these boards. There's a heck of alot of good info on here, I've learned so much just in the past few days! Seems like a great community.

So I just wanted to make my first post and kinda say hello to all you guys, but I have been wondering something about this forum:

The posts which have screenshots attached, I cannot see alot of the images. Alot of times, the images are indicated by a header such as 'screenie 1, 2, etc.', but I am only able to read the text.. Is this because my account is still new? Some kind of bandwidth restriction?

Whats odd though is sometimes the images do show up for me on certain posts, yet not others.. I'd say 75% of the time they do not.. Howcome?

1f y0u c4n r34d 7h15, y0u r34||y n33d 70 637 |41d.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 07:13
Well I find that very awkward. I don't recall having any problems like that.

But any who, like I say to all the newcomer posts like this..... join my forums, they're great for newcomers.

http://www.forumsfpsc.co.nr

JroX
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool Jenkins,

Thanks for the reply man, I've checked out your site a couple times, was actually just on your forum a bit earlier this evening. I'll stop by and sign up next time I'm in the neighborhood!

Anyone else happen to know why I can't see screenshots on here??

Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 18:52
I don't know really, maybe it is because you are on approval status? I could be wrong.. Very unsure.

However, probably the best thing to do is get a photobucket, or other image account and just post links to your images.

That way you do not fill a thread up with small messages saying

"Screenie 1"
"Screenie 2"
"Screenie 3"
"Screenie 4"
"Screenie 5"
etc. You just link to them all in 1 post.

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 10:44
When you say you cannot see the pictures, is this when they are IN the post, or when there is a button at the bottom saying
View/Download?

E.D.

P.S. Welcome to the forums.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 22:57
yup, I have had similar problems. About 15-20% of the 'Download' button having images try opening a .php file instead of the actual image.

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
for my images I just upload them to my webspace

I have unlimeted webspace and transfer

I set up an image upload script on it (passworded so dont go looking)

I used to use imageshack

sorry for offtopic

The More You Study The More You Know, The More You know The More You Forget, The More You Forget The Less You Know,
So Why Study?
JroX
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone!

Feel kinda dumb, as I realized why I wasn't seeing some screenshots on here.

I failed to notice intially that some images are coded into peoples posts, and others are attached outside the message. About two days ago I noticed the 'download' and 'view' buttons at the bottom of people's posts, and it finally dawned on me why some of them weren't showing up. DOH!

Anyway, glad I figured that out after two weeks, LoL. I can be a real llama sometimes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:21:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:21:32