Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC is all glitched up...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried everything possible before I posted this...

FPSC opens (it looks a bit glitchy) normally. All the buttons work fine, you can go into the entitybank etc.

When you move the cursor onto the grid map, the whole thing
freezes

When you move the cursor off the grid map, the program unfreezes and continues normally.

Here are the things I have tried in the editor:

-Changing the render shroud size
-opening a different level
-starting a new level
-starting a new arena
-importing an entity

None of the above worked, when the cursor moves onto the grid screen, it instantly freezes, and unfreezes when you move it off onto one of the toolbars.

I concluded that I should reinstall the program.

First, I tried "repairing" the FPSC installation. With FPSC now as version 1, I tried it again, and it did the exact same thing as before.

When I went to Add/Remove programs and tried to remove it, I got an error message saying "catastrophic failure" (I'm not kidding)

The same thing happened when I stuck the FPSC disc in and ran the setup utility to remove it.

Next, I manually deleted everything in the FPSCreator folder (and the folder itself).

FPSC no longer appeared on my programs list so I was happy. I stuck the disc in and installed FPSC. Then, without changing anything, I ran the program, and it did the exact same thing.

The only thing I can think of is that some file that FPSC needs in the WINDOWS directory has been corrupted and that it can't be overwritten or uninstalled, and it's causing this major glitch.
The problem is, is that I don't know what the files FPSC uses are called, or if they can be safely deleted.

I've tried everything, without turning to you guys for help, but now I have to because I really don't know what else to do.

I'm not a noob, I know exactly how to use FPSC, and anybody who has some straightforward input would be my hero.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 16:52
Actually, I've had this same problem. All I did was restart my computer and it worked fine. Not much else I can tell you. But that is how I fixed it.

Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
Your lucky, it doesn't seem to fix itself on mine. This is a drag.
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 13:28
Unlucky.

What are your pc specs??
E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz HT processor, 512 MB Ram,
Intel extreme graphics 2 Integrated (piece of crap)
250 GB hard drive.

I don't think this will change anything since FPSC worked fine before.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 09:29:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 09:29:59