Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 9&10 debate

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 06:50
Well most of us are pretty sure that model pack 7 and 8 are going to be bond1's and Errant AIs pack right? but what about MP9 I think AE's WWII pack has a great chance here. Now I have heard a rumour I don't really believe that MP10 is the last model pack. I think this is BS a TGC will most likely keep pumping them out a steady rate, but for the sake of this chat lets just pretend there will only be 10 MP's. Back to the topic at hand I've already made it clear that MP 7, 8, and 9 are spoken for but what about MP 10? I think MP 10 should be a sci-fi pack and a big one at that. Some things it would need: sci-fi weapons (with hands), sci-fi vehicle(s), segments and of course some more sci-fi entities. What do you guys think? please keep this debate friendly and open minded.
Slayer_2
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 06:57
erm i think a ww2 model pack should come, becuase i love setting my games in ww2 setting, i think it should be ww2 or scifi, maybe even, i dont know, terrain pack? like with segments that act as suitable terrain? idk, regardless i was under the understanding that Errant wasnt gonna go official with tgc, but i may be wrong

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 07:01
did you read my post lol? I said I'm guessing MP9 will be AE's WWII pack witch will probably have at least some WWII media and MP10 is almost without a doubt not the last MP. IDK what does that mean? Maybe he won't but yeah I think I may have read that some where...
Slayer_2
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 07:04 Edited at: 13th Apr 2007 07:04
I didn't mean drivable lol, I meant static. What about guns? and WWII and sci-fi stock media are almost nose to nose media wise. Also I'm assuming AE's WWII pack will be released as an MP
Slayer_2
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 07:07
Errant previously turned down the model pack offer, so his probably won't be model pack 7 or 8. Rather, it would be Bond's and Jon's fantasy packs, probably each seperate (taking the place of 7 and 8). I'd love to see AE's pack become a model pack (especially sice I'm animating it )

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 07:11
lol I can see why I find the amount of modern media disgusting. all other genres are left out. Now I can model but whenever I attempt animating this is my face
Slayer_2
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 07:15 Edited at: 13th Apr 2007 07:16
I got to go soon but to most of the model packs credit my current project is modern lol. don't start any flame wars behind my back<<<<<<JK everyone I know you'll behave
Slayer_2
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 07:16
I don't think that there will be enough scifi stuff. Only because you can keep making different entites, etc in different ways different themes. We could use alot of WWII though. WE could also use of lot of modern day things.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 07:17
modern day things hey? try over there yonder at model pack 1 Sci-fi 1 WWII 3
Slayer_2
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 08:49
i think they should have a pack thats like an update of stock media. its a WW2 and Sci-fi model pack with tonns of stuff and it updates the old guns with ones with hands.

Mods, its 500x100, so you cant tell me its bigger than 600x120
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 08:54
Quote: "modern day things hey? try over there yonder at model pack 1"

I know I own it. But I'm saying that there still could be some more, the game creators keep working on new ideas

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't forget Jon's fantasy pack It's lookin pretty fly...

I'm not sure where the intel came from that I'd turned down any offer from TGC.... I've flatly rejected the notion of handing over copyright to something that would be FPSC-only but thats it.

As the saying goes, there's more than one way to skin a cat and I am still in loose contact with TGC and am hoping make at least a portion of my media official. Just to set the record straight
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
I am in desperate need of modern day stuff, eg, mondern day British and American soldiers etc, etc. Vehicles like choppers and cars and tanks and stuff as well. And I love the idea of having a terrain pack so as to create different types of land like dessert, road, grass, etc, etc.

Patrick Tew
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 13:02 Edited at: 13th Apr 2007 13:04
Quote: "updates the old guns with ones with hands."

Thats a great idea actually; they could redo all the stock guns with hands; and better, less boxy models.

1 hour Kalspher Demo soon to be released for public BETA!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 13:33
I've been toying with the idea of making a second WWII Pack, this time with a few structures as well. I'll be using more photographic textures though. I've toyed with the notion of updating the textures for the first WWII Pack as well (using more realistic "photo" textures).

I really need to get back into creating media for sale. I have also given thought to a pack of misc. static entities for the Sci-Fi theme as well; with a follow-on pack that contains some animated entities.

I'll be making these for multiple engines, so when I get to a building pack there may be issues with collision concerning the interiors of buildings.

I'm staying away from characters for now, since Jon and Bond have that pretty well covered and it would take quite awhile to get up to their quality. Same goes for weapons, Jake's got that covered quite nicely.

But it doesn't hurt to push out ideas as to what you'd like to see; it only helps steer us towards what we need/want to create.

-Keith

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 17:38
Redoing the stock media that would be an awesome thing The guns are good but without hands not many people use them for commercial games. Yes I forgot about Jon, two fantasy packs in a row whats not to like? Everything comes in pairs from TGC. @Errant AI if you sell your pack out of TGC do you think it would work in Torque, with tweaking of course? We might move to the Torque game engine for EOT.
Slayer_2
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 17:44
I believe Errant is gong to make a Torque version as well.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 17:45
Yay!
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 18:16
Quote: "Quote: "updates the old guns with ones with hands."
Thats a great idea actually; they could redo all the stock guns with hands; and better, less boxy models"

if you check out my "contrast" thread in the showcase, you'll see that that's what I've been up to!

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 18:43
Quote: "Well most of us are pretty sure that model pack 7 and 8 are going to be bond1's and Errant AIs pack right?"

I hope the next one (7) has some characters with melee animations built in.
Everybody says they have done melee and its easy etc.
Well not for me, and I need melee.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 20:10
ha ha I saw that butterfingers. I wondered if my eyes were deceiving me lol.
Slayer_2
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 20:24
Conjured Entertainment - to test melee, take any weapon and set the range to say, 50 (in the gunspec). No it's really limited. If you play around with that, you'll get a nice melee effect (or at least as good as you can get in FPSC).

Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
EAI,

Hey Bro been trying to get in touch with you. Contact me please!

Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that a sci-fi model pack would definitely benefit the entire FPSC community. I'm really surprised that everybody is going for WWII stuff. There is much more WWII content in the stock media then Sci-Fi stuff.

Is everybody here a WWII gamer or something? Don't people enjoy games like quake 4 and half-life 2? If you like playing sci-fi games, other people will too.

If someone decided to make sci-fi characters I think some high tech looking marines would fit nicely.
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
There are plenty of human characters in fpsc now with all the extra model packs.

How about some fantasy creatures? Do not have to have millions of polygons. See what they did with Doom over a decade ago?

Most fps games have monsters in them.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 07:06
i think with mine and bond1's fantasy packs, we'll have the "olden era" wrapped up for a while, that is, until people will get bored and want to go even further back to biblical times

ever since finishing my dominance war entry i have had a twitchy sensation with sci-fi, so after a nice break from finishing the fantasy pack, i could get started on some sci-fi weapons. even so thats a while to go from now.

17" 1920x1200, 2GHz T2700 Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900GS PCI-E, 100GB HDD, DVDRW
http://www.redcore3d.com
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 08:19
Sci-fi sci-fi sci-fi! *looks around nobody else is cheering
Slayer_2
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 00:12
Lol, i would love scifi-ish characters, marines, aliens, doom kind of feel i guess, but WW2 stuff would be nice too as ive said, because, so much of ww2 media can be used in different style games, like all the crates and stuff in WW2 stock media, i use those in almost any game i make, it adds that, warehouse effect.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 04:19
For characters id like to see monsters, non humanoid ones as well, these are great for loads of different games, call of cthulhu to medieval/fantasy to 50s pulp fiction to future space sci fi, a big monster pack would be great.

for weapons, a melee pack would be great, everything from swords to light sabers.

for guns how about a sci fi pack, lots of ray guns and lazers, there is hardy any projectile weapons, its all instant hit stuff, I want to see some beam weapons.

another idea would be a building pack, sci fi buildings or cityscapes.
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 04:38
I would really want a WWII pack. With stuff like tanks, jeeps, buildings, bushes, etc.

How about a Civil War pack? . Civil war weapons

Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 04:49
we need some trees,rocks,flowers,weeds, stuff like that and for segaments rockwalls,caves,and water

i had to make a new account im no noob my old name was 300 win mag
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 05:02
Quote: "we need some trees,rocks,flowers,weeds, stuff like that and for segaments rockwalls,caves,and water"

http://www.aliencodec.com/

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 09:17
That stuff is availble on TGC's home page where you can purchase all of their stuff.
TGC bought out Aliencodec.

kenny the reaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 17:38
i want to see a mythological model pack. u know, cerberus, medusa, dragons, etc. also some swords and stuff like that, one of my future games will have a sword and im either going to add the baseball bat script to a sword or wait for a mp with swords.---

www.freewebs.com/gearheadgames
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 20:03
lol all good ideas
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 21:15
I'm happy to see that some of you would like to see my pack as a fully fledged Model Pack. I've suspended production for the moment while i revise for my GCSEs but as soon as that's over, i should have some time then....

....but i've got another film in the works....

AE

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 22:06
I can't wait for your pack AE there are to many modern weapons model packs right now
Slayer_2
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
I really hope that they bring out a pack about vehicles. The reason I say that is that vehicles would be an excellent addition to most peoples games but it would be to much work if people made vehicles and extra guns and extra segments etc, etc. So if 10 is going to be the final mod pack then I think that lots of people should pull together to make a pack that makes vehicles in FPSC possible.

Sure it would be a lot of work but it would be worth it because I would pay some where between £30-£50 pounds (which is like $60-$100) + for the pack.

Patrick Tew
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
By the way, I only have the demo of FPS Creator and I have only had it tfor about 4 days but soon I am gonna purchase the full thing and when I do i'll also purchase all the mod packs that are on sale on the FPS Creator website. The trouble is that I have been reading about some ace mod packs that peope like AE have made, but I dont know how to get them or how to bring them int FPSC.

Can some help me?

Thanks in advance

Patrick Tew
Cherd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 03:02
i would like to see a sci fi pack really, i mean we have the stock media but the weapons have no hands and the stock media gets over-used in peoples games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:24:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:24:33