Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So far fpsc community has givin me great, but with editing the model's that come with fpsc poeple were very rude to me.

Any How
1.How would you go about choosing model's and team's or does it for you?

2.any way to have it so when they start program it HAS TO open up a like update news's ect.. window?

3.pretty sure it can be done but like have a program mabey with update window to choose video options or is there a way to add it ingame?

4.along with the news thing... can you amke so if you don;t want the game being played no one can .. like it stops all server and or clients from palying it?

5.any way to have ingame advertisment's?

6.any way to create custom maps for the multipalyer game or can you already do that? and can you stop it if you can?

7.is there a way that you can restrict some ones server power? like runner of the server? (Server client program)

8.What is the best way to make sure your game does not get pirated?

(I might add more lol)

THANK YOU GUY'S SO MUCH FOR THIS WONDERFUL HELP!
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 08:03
Quote: "What is the best way to make sure your game does not get pirated?"

The media inside it? Or the game itself? For the media.... Vishnu would be the best route. Actually I don't know why I asked that, FPSC games would be pointless to pirate because there is like 8 (I have no idea how many there are) being sold. So yeah, Vishnu it is.

I have no idea for the rest. Actually I really didn't read most of it. #8 just caught my eye..... it's late.

Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
@Jenkins Ty for that, ya i mean to protect EVERY THING in general Mainly though make sure you can't pirate the actual game is most important.
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 15:06
get an install maker that requires a serial and use vishnu, i dont think FPSC can currently connect to servers (not sure though), you have no choice but to make a custom level/map, ingame ads arent impossible, just depends on how you make them, and for updates, make a small launcher app that has an update option, autoplay media studio would be good for that.

best of the rest!
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 16:00
Quote: "
1.How would you go about choosing model's and team's or does it for you?

2.any way to have it so when they start program it HAS TO open up a like update news's ect.. window?

3.pretty sure it can be done but like have a program mabey with update window to choose video options or is there a way to add it ingame?

4.along with the news thing... can you amke so if you don;t want the game being played no one can .. like it stops all server and or clients from palying it?

5.any way to have ingame advertisment's?

6.any way to create custom maps for the multipalyer game or can you already do that? and can you stop it if you can?

7.is there a way that you can restrict some ones server power? like runner of the server? (Server client program)

8.What is the best way to make sure your game does not get pirated?"

Answer's
#1 Read the manual. Choosing models and placing them is a click and drag situation. As far as teams best option you got is getting AI's to follow you around.

#2 Read the manual... There is a start screen but to get multiple splash screens you will need a seperate program like Quick Menu Builder for example...

#3 Read answer #2

#4 Are you refering to a kill command... If you are running a LAN game for instance who ever is hosting all he has to do is shut it down from his end that kicks everybody else from that game.... But does not stop them from starting the game back up on there PC and hosting the game thereself.... As far as the internet connection the game is still hosted from the home PC so the answer is still the same.

#5 Its your game advertise till your heart is content. Just be sure not to advertise somebodies material that has a trade mark or copyright to it without there written permission first. Otherwise you could end up with legal issues if your game was ever to become popular with the masses.

#6 Can't say this enough.... Read the manual

#7 Okay same question as 4 basicly. It is best you read the manual... Also use the search feature on this forum below.

#8 Ah finally the best of all questions. Nothing is ever full proof. But Locrian and S4 have come out with Vishnu wich in my opinion is better then click teams installer.

Okay I hope this helps answer some of your questions and also point you in the right direction. Also a just in case you dont know you can find your manual in your FPSC Directory on your harddrive.

Good luck and happy gaming.

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
*Takes out manual*
Puddin lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry but manual did not really say anything? is there a new manual out?
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 22:11
he means the pdf manual in the fpsc directory/documents. it covers every aspect of using FPSC

best of the rest!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:16:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:16:37