Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone. I have started FPSC a couple of days ago and am a newb. I know you can import your own models into FPSC but I dont know how to create them, infact I dont know anything about making your own stuff (eg, weapons and characters)and bringing them into FPSC.

My question is,
are there any complete tutorials out there that any one knows of that will be able to guide me as to how I can build my own models and bring them in and stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick Tew
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 13:23
Sadly i do not know much about this.... but very few modelling applications can use .X as far as i know (which is the format you need)
And to make them FPSC ready is apparently very hard

But there are lots of free and very cheap model packs available on these forums and at fpsfree (google search it... can't remember if it's .com or .co.uk or .co.nl or whatever)

And learning to use modelling applications takes a VERY long time.

However... one thing that can work.. is to copy the entity folder for... say... a crate... then use a paint program (it needs to be able to do tgas) to edit the texture... open FPSC and you will see it in your library. (Note: you may need to edit the sample picture aswell(this is the picture you see when you are browsing your library for entities))

Sorry for the multiple brackets

E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 14:42 Edited at: 13th Apr 2007 14:44
if you go to the models and media forum theres a sticky with a link to tutorial city which has a hell of alot of tuts in it.

as for modelling stuff, just google "C4D weapons tut" just change C4D to your modelling program and you should find hundreds of tutorials.

best of the rest!
Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Screwed over and Eldest dragon, I will have a snoop around and see what I can find

Patrick Tew
BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 12:52
http://www.fpsfree.com/ is a very good site

I got placed on that post review thingy

SO WHAT IF I HAD TOO MUCH SUGAR!
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 13:26
Quote: "but very few modelling applications can use .X as far as i know (which is the format you need)
And to make them FPSC ready is apparently very hard "

1. Milkshape does export .X, 3ds Max has a plugin for it, and there are file converters about.

2. It's not hard to do, just get entity maker. There's video tutorials for it.

evil lies within all of us...we just don't know it yet

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
I use conv3ds.exe

I export as .3ds from anim8or and use it to convert .3ds into .x then I use Magic FPS to make them into entities

The More You Study The More You Know, The More You know The More You Forget, The More You Forget The Less You Know,
So Why Study?
BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 13:02
magic fps is a good prgram to use

how much is it again, i have some spare money on me!

Did somebody say... SUGAR!!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:16:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:16:18