Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Removing entity selection annoying glow in editor?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 08:01
Is there a way without editing the source to remove the annoying yellow or red glow around entities in the editor?
It makes it very hard to see the bottom of the entity.

The Person99 awards go to: 1. Jack the Ripper for hardest crime scenes. 2. Peter Petrelli for most powers. 3. Superman for longest flight.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 08:58
...... Did you try changing the main fpi? Actually, did you even try anything? Okay, right click the entity to bring up its property settings. Change the main fpi from weaponglow to weapon.

MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 10:40
I know what you mean Person99, but i think until the next source code is released there is no chance of this happening.

However, if you really want to be precise, follow these steps:

Place the entity.
Right click on the entity.
Use Page Up, Page Down, Arrow Keys and the Right Mouse button to place it exactly where you want.

E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 06:55
Quote: "...... Did you try changing the main fpi? Actually, did you even try anything? Okay, right click the entity to bring up its property settings. Change the main fpi from weaponglow to weapon. "

I really wish people would read things more carefully.

Quote: " Is there a way without editing the source to remove the annoying yellow or red glow around entities in the editor? "

Quote: "Place the entity.
Right click on the entity.
Use Page Up, Page Down, Arrow Keys and the Right Mouse button to place it exactly where you want."

What I mean is, with that dumb yellow or red circle glow in the editor makes it hard to see what you are doing with the page up and down keys, because most of the entities' center is exactly at 0,0,0, but the red or yellow glow (Red for static, yellow for dynamic) is also at 0,0,0, making it very hard to see where your entity is going, without repeatedly pressing the zoom key in the editor to make sure you got it right.

The Person99 awards go to: 1. Jack the Ripper for hardest crime scenes. 2. Peter Petrelli for most powers. 3. Superman for longest flight.
bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 09:52
I'm going with Eldest Dragon until the next source update keep with it

you can live with a man for all his days, but you really find what he really is like when hold him over a volcano
MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 11:55
Quote: "What I mean is, with that dumb yellow or red circle glow in the editor makes it hard to see what you are doing with the page up and down keys, because most of the entities' center is exactly at 0,0,0, but the red or yellow glow (Red for static, yellow for dynamic) is also at 0,0,0, making it very hard to see where your entity is going, without repeatedly pressing the zoom key in the editor to make sure you got it right.
"

If you PLACE the entity, then right click on it, it zooms RIGHT in, and there is no glow, so use that for precise placement.

Hope you understand

E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 19:33
Oh, lol. My bad.

TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 23:08
I found that if I run FPSC at the same time as CorelDRAW, all the hilights around entities go, and so for that matter does the ring around lights when placing them. Strange

Your signature has been deleted due to the fact that it was far too humourous to possibly show.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 23:54
Or just do it propperly.

go to:

(it's in a code box or I loose the slashes)

in there are all the editor graphics.

open the files called 9.BMP and 26.BMP

paint them totally black and save. Your done.

Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 07:03
Ah, thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:18:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:18:54