Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Magic FPS tries to install 3d canvas when I click something?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 09:26
I just got magic FPS, and it seems to be a really cool FPSC addon.

But every time I click something, it does what I want it to and everything, but it also tries to install 3d canvas for some reason, and I have to cancel, every time I press a button.

How can I fix this?

The Person99 awards go to: 1. Jack the Ripper for hardest crime scenes. 2. Peter Petrelli for most powers. 3. Superman for longest flight.
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 10:45
Just did.

The Person99 awards go to: 1. Jack the Ripper for hardest crime scenes. 2. Peter Petrelli for most powers. 3. Superman for longest flight.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 10:49
As someone who repairs PC's have seen this type of issue with many PC's... Odd's are it is not MagicFPS

What I am thinking is you have been to a website that has installed an active x controller usually one thats an installer type file. Typically seen with most adware and spyware.

This is when your pc gets a little akward and starts doing strange things. Best suggestion is to run scan's 1st with your antivirus, then with your spyware, then your adware program and see whats happend to your pc.

Now the bad new's usually when this stuff happend its usually the start of the curroption of your OS and eventually a format will be coming soon. So consider backing up your system soon and getting out your disk for the future.

Now as a owner of MagicFPS I can assure you this program does not have any spyware, adware or virus's of any kind. But never take a strangers word for it still scan you pc just to be sure.

Also another fix that sometimes work is using the recovery option that comes with XP... First scan your pc get it clean then backup your data then use the recovery and see if that works also.

I hope this helps...

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 15:04
MagicFPS
I tried the demo of that, it stuck some stuff on my comp so that when I started my PC, magic would open and it would try to connect to a web page of the program maker, I also had some issue with canvas 3d as well, I just got rid of the magic demo and everything was then OK, so I was not impressed with magic at all, hell the demo doesnt even allow you to use the program to see if it works, you cant output a file with it, just see as, yep, you can open .x files in this and put a texture on it, so no proper trail and it opens it self every time you start the PC plus shoves its web page up, plus the canvas 3d thing, I was not impressed at all.
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 15:20 Edited at: 15th Apr 2007 15:28
Magic FPS does not try to install 3D canvas, You have some serious windows registry issues, you need a registry cleaning program to clean up the mess you made of your registry usually caused by installing then uninstalling multiple programs or maybe even a virus or trojan could cause this also, try CCleaner it’s a freeware registry cleaner.
here

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 16:39
I've also been using MagicFPS for about a year and never seen what you are describing. Also, you never mention if you had 3d Canvas "ever" installed on your computer.

If you did, the registry may be the culprit as when it recognizes files which were once associated with 3d Canvas, it prompts you to reinstall the program.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 03:55 Edited at: 16th Apr 2007 03:59
I have had 3d canvas installed, just to try it, because I had never heard of it before and decided to try it, in the case that free stuff can be alot better then expensive programs (Like Blender compared to Maya, Blender wins all fields.)
I sometimes run out of patience with install shield, and just delete the folder, and that could also be my problem.

I will try installing 3d canvas, then uninstalling it.

I tried Magic FPS in Kubuntu, then ran KWincheck in linux, AVG free in windows, ad-aware, spy-bot search and destroy, nothing.

Also, I will try cleaning my registry. I will do it through Linux to get better results. (Windows registry tools is worth as much as 6 year old crap.)

EDIT: Spellcheck.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 06:28
You might try going to the control panel and then add or remove programs.
Uninstall 3D Canvas from there.
See if that helps.
BTW the demo for Magic FPS is not fully functional.If it were why would you want to pay for the full program?
There are a lot of demos that have limits in their functionality.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 07:05
Quote: "I sometimes run out of patience with install shield, and just delete the folder, and that could also be my problem."

Your problem is right there.

Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 07:11
[quoye]BTW the demo for Magic FPS is not fully functional.If it were why would you want to pay for the full program?
There are a lot of demos that have limits in their functionality.[/quote]

I am aware of that, but I do agree that it probably has nothing to do with Magic FPS.
I am trying the add/remove programs now.

I was just spectating a nasty wreck outside my house for the past 3 hours, so I haven't gotten around to it. It in fact happened just a couple minutes after I posted, too =-)

Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 07:42
Argh, it is pulling some edit crap again, and brings me to the main page when I click EDIT POST.

Anyway, I fixed the problem with FPSC.

I simply found 3d canvas, downloaded it, installed it, uninstalled it, and Magic FPS demo works normal.

And without the errors, it is looking good, i'll consider buying it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:24:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:24:48