Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Optimum performance?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What options shall i use to make a game made in FPSC work on the weakest computer possible? One example would be no lightmaping, what about others?
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 14:27
low texture quality, no shader effects, no dynamic lights, no automatic floor, least amount of enemies possible.

P.S. Lightmapping only takes a long time to build, it will run on any computer fine, but if you mean trying to build the game on the weakest computer possible then don't have it on.

evil lies within all of us...we just don't know it yet

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 15:20
Quote: "Lightmapping only takes a long time to build, it will run on any computer fine"

Even static lights do still slow down games. Its not just a texture painted on the wall, cos if you go under it your gun turns the colour of the light
tyrano

1 hour Kalspher Demo soon to be released for public BETA!
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 15:32
that is true

Mods, its 500x100, so you cant tell me its bigger than 600x120
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 19:08
oh, i thought that was just dynamic lights

evil lies within all of us...we just don't know it yet

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 22:08
Well I asked this myself, you ask a good question, optomizing is very important.

I asked how the engine works and if importing your own geometry would speed the engine. -

from my other post.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=104258&b=21

how are the segments handled in fpsc are they meshes, like in say C4 engine, or are they bsp like in the Torque engine or the old quake games, if the segments are meshes, are they instanced to keep the level size down and keep the game fast, its an easy way to build levels with the segments, but I often think, wow all those segments, that's a lot of pieces, that's got to add up someplace, I played one fpsc game recently, it hung in places and the collision was odd, either that are the frames dropped, Im not sure, just wondering if there is another way of getting the basic level geometry in.

Id just like to import my own levels into it, If I have them made, why waste them, just import them in to fpsc, has anyone done this, is it possible? Is it efficient in performance.

So yes Id also like to know how we can make the game run faster and also keep file sizes small, people may want to download what you have made.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:19:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:19:03