Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics Update of Objects angles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 19:03
I tihnk there is a bug in the way dark physics update objects Angles (at least Y angle). Check this source :

I do print both value, my incremented angle value, and the value returned by "Object Angle Y()" after physic has updated it. Instead of getting the same angle, the value from "Object Angle Y" is weird. It goes from -90 to 90, and then from 90 to -90 (kinda ping pong effect). Isn't there something wrong with the way
Dark Physics update the DB Pro object angles from it's physic object ? The display is fine, because i guess it directly use the matrix, but the angle extraction seems buggy. Any body ?
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 07:27
It's called Euler rotation, so these values are normal, just very confusing WOLF's EZ Rotate plugin makes these things a lot easier to handle though

Kanda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 11:38
thks for ur reply. However there is still somthing strange, why the angle u get from the object is different from the one u can set (give a try to the sample). Any format are the angles, when Drk physics update it, it should be same way as u have to set it manually, isn't it ? It's little bit confusing
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 16:08
As dark coder already explained, it is due to Euler angles. Under this rotation method, you can get the same angle, with different x,y & z values, when taken as a whole. For example a rotation of (0,270,0) is the same as rotating at (180,-90,180).

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
Kanda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 01:04
ok got it thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:18:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:18:45