Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Duke Nukem ??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 15:54
Do yall think it would be awesome to have a game like Duke Nukem 3d being made, but not exactly Duke Nukem, Duke Nukem 3d has always been one of my Favoret games, and I think it would be a really good idea to have a game like that being made, I may just drop my crappy zorak game, and just make it a Duke stlye game, It will still be called Zorak but its style of gameplay will be just liek Duke nukem

I mean who doesent love a strip bar with a gun shop next to it, and a few aliens to kell

Im most likely gonna do it, but I was just wondering if you guys and gals would like that ???

www.Zorakgame.com a Classic in the making. Chop up them Leezy old Nazis, and find out why Hitler was so Evil.
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 16:05 Edited at: 16th Apr 2007 16:06
What happened to zorak?

anyway duke nukem has be replicated alot!

The More You Study The More You Know, The More You know The More You Forget, The More You Forget The Less You Know,
So Why Study?
Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 16:12
Nothin happened to zorak I just want someting diffrent from everyting else HAHA, I hate media you buy in packs I feel like my game is way more better if I make my own Media

I could make a game Like GoldenEye I suppose ( the N64 version anyways )

Idk I just want something diffrent haha, Zombies is being used alot, I LOVE ZOMBIE games, but theres alot of them bein made, Horror games are made alot I love Horror also, Aliens and stuff I havent seen yet....

I mean this engine can do any type of FPS game I would want, but I want something that is hardly made anymore or has not been made....

I miss my classics man haha... Thats one reason why I love FPSC so much you can make N64/PS1 style games easly

IDK thoe, there is something about Duke Nukem that I love I guess its the boot he kicks you with haha.

www.Zorakgame.com a Classic in the making. Chop up them Leezy old Nazis, and find out why Hitler was so Evil.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 16:21
Well good news for you then well it's old news really Duke Nukem was released as open source a while back so has quake 1 being released...you may use the content as you please however you can't call it Quake or Duke Nukem or sell it.

Pointless Assault RC1 Demo
http://fileho.com/download/534fc0519603/pointless.rar.html
Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 16:25
well you can sell it on the Build engine if you have the GPl crap and all the source code an stuff which I do not wanna do HAHA.... If I made it like Duke Nukem it would not be called Duke Nukem nor would it be Duke Nukem, sure there would be stripers YUM YUM gun shops, hotels, and all teh other good stuff, I mean it would resemble Duke 3d but it wont be Duke 3d haha...

Like you get your jet pack, your Steroids and all them other awesome items... of course there would be more than that, but like its hard to explain, Duke has always been one of my fav characters ever.....

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 16:41
Quote: "well you can sell it on the Build engine if you have the GPl crap and all the source code an stuff which I do not wanna do HAHA.... If I made it like Duke Nukem it would not be called Duke Nukem nor would it be Duke Nukem, sure there would be stripers YUM YUM gun shops, hotels, and all teh other good stuff, I mean it would resemble Duke 3d but it wont be Duke 3d haha...

Like you get your jet pack, your Steroids and all them other awesome items... of course there would be more than that, but like its hard to explain, Duke has always been one of my fav characters ever....."

Quote: "well you can sell it on the Build engine if you have the GPl crap"
No even if it is opensource software there are by laws that states you can't sell what ever you make as Duke Nukem....Do you even know what GPL means..??

FPSC AGENT F
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 17:22
I like it I rember playing duke nuken on the N64 I would like to see you try that motocrosspro712

FPSC AGENT F
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
I never played duke nukem

never even seen a screenie!

The More You Study The More You Know, The More You know The More You Forget, The More You Forget The Less You Know,
So Why Study?
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 01:09
Quote: "Favoret"
Quote: "kell"
Quote: "doesent"

please tell me English isn't your primary language...

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 02:28
I heard they decided to move production of Duke Nukem Forever over to the FPSC engine. The reason it's taking so long to finish is because they can't be bothered to read the manual and so are having problems putting objects on tables and rotating them.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 02:41
That's as sane and reasonable as any other explaination they have been able to come up with for the over a decade delay for Duke Nukem Forever.

Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 03:40 Edited at: 17th Apr 2007 03:46
To Zaibatsu - Yes it is, but I was really really tired and had alot of mistakes, cause when im tired my hands dont work as good dont ask me why but they dont LOL.

for Foxking - OMG you never played Duke nuken 3d or Duke Nukem 64 OMG, it is one of the gratest games ever LOL.

for FPSC AGENT F - uhhh that was my favoret version was the N64 version cause it was well better, it had new things, better things, ETC it actually had Duke matches, ETC.

and for wizard of id - Yes you can sell it as long as it is not a Duke Remake..... and the GPL stands for ( General Public Licences ) meaning it has to be free..... Not free as in Price but free as in

and Gnu ses this " When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
this service if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it
if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it
in new free programs; and that you know you can do these things.
"

DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 04:12
Quote: " heard they decided to move production of Duke Nukem Forever over to the FPSC engine. The reason it's taking so long to finish is because they can't be bothered to read the manual and so are having problems putting objects on tables and rotating them. "

omg Thraxas nice one. Duke Nukem Forever i think i still have it on pre-order lol.

It's better to Burn Out than to Fade away.Victor Kruger/The Kurgan
Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 04:38
haha your pre order will be goin for another 20 years or so LMFAO.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 07:21
Quote: "To Zaibatsu - Yes it is, but I was really really tired and had alot of mistakes, cause when im tired my hands dont work as good dont ask me why but they dont LOL.

for Foxking - OMG you never played Duke nuken 3d or Duke Nukem 64 OMG, it is one of the gratest games ever LOL.

for FPSC AGENT F - uhhh that was my favoret version was the N64 version cause it was well better, it had new things, better things, ETC it actually had Duke matches, ETC.

and for wizard of id - Yes you can sell it as long as it is not a Duke Remake..... and the GPL stands for ( General Public Licences ) meaning it has to be free..... Not free as in Price but free as in

and Gnu ses this " When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
this service if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it
if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it
in new free programs; and that you know you can do these things."

Dude I was being sarcastic.....Dohuh

So either I'm dumb or you didn't post this
Quote: "well you can sell it on the Build engine if you have the GPl crap and all the source code"

Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 07:28
I dident no you was being sarcastic LOL, I thought that is just how you procived it to be, so I was just tryin to help by postin what it said LOL....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:20:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:20:18