Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problems with linking

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 02:53
I'm having problems with linking in debug mode when including fstream in my source files.

The errors I get are

This is the source file that gives me these errors (only one source file at the moment)

A few extra bits of info are I've set the runtime library to Multi-threaded in the code generation (have to or nothing compiles); also I ignore 2 specific libraries quartz.lib, and libcpmtd.lib.

Note in release mode it links fine just not in debug mode.

Any help will be much apprieciated
pizzaman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 06:12
I know its only been a day but someone must know how to use the GDK with the STL's fstream library, and get it to link properly. I know I probably sound impatient but I really need debug mode to solve a few bug related problems in my main project.

I've included my test project files to try and help solve my problem.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 09:33
I downloaded your project to try it out. Here's what I changed to get things working:

* Changed Project Settings / C/C++ / Code Generation / Runtime Library to Multi-threaded Debug

* Removed the libraries in Project Settings / Linker / Input / Additional Dependencies

After making those changes I was able to compile without any problems.
pizzaman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 02:04
Its still not linking for me.

I changed the project settings /C++ / Code Generation / Runtime Library to Multi-threaded Debug

However, I'm not too sure what you meant by

Quote: "Removed the libraries in Project Settings / Linker / Input / Additional Dependencies"

as I had no additional dependencies apart from the ones inherited by the project itself. I stuck the compiler flag $(NOINHERIT) in the additional dependencies so there were no libraries inherited and these were the errors

also these are the same errors if I just leave the additional dependencies empty and without the compiler flag $(NOINHERIT).

I was thinking that since you got my project to work could you send my working project back to me (just attach it to your post), to see if it works for me.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 12:23
pizzaman, I have zipped up the project for you and attached to the post.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
pizzaman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 00:53 Edited at: 20th Apr 2007 00:54
I found the problem, I didn't have the latest beta of the GDK, even though I was sure I had it.

However I do get alot warnings of when compiling in debug mode

By the way Mike thanks for all the help you've given, I really apprieciate it.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 09:20
I expect I can sort those warnings out for the next download. Not sure when that will be yet. Possibly within the next few weeks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:17:34
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:17:34