Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to Fix corrupted FPSC files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 10:51 Edited at: 17th Apr 2007 11:12
Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for any damaged caused by use or misuse of the following information and I cannot be held liable for anything. Use at your own risk!

Go to control panel, select performance and maintinance, then at the left side of the window choose system restore.

Choose the 'restore to earlier time' option and select when your game was last working and choose it. Your computer will go into a system restore screen with a loading bar. At this point do NOTHING!

Wait for your computer to start up once it has done this go to where your game was saved and copy the undamaged game to a usb memory stick or a floppy if your old fashioned enough! (No Offence) Don't forget to unplug your usb drive or take out your floppy disk once you are done!

Then Go back to control panel and select 'undo your last restoration' which takes you back to where you were but now you have a copy of your game when it was still working on a usb drive which you can put on your computer (I'd keep a backup of the one that didn't work just out of paranoia)

Hope you enjoy this tip - system restore is one of the greatest things about windows - there might be a mac equivelent - just look around

Good Luck,
Fox

Note 1: Do not mess around with system restore - if missused it can mess your computer up!

Note 2: This is easiest if you set 'create a system restore point' as a scheduled task to be completed frequently.

The More You Study The More You Know, The More You know The More You Forget, The More You Forget The Less You Know,
So Why Study?
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 11:03
Quote: "Note: This is easiest if you set 'create a system restore point' as a scheduled task to be completed frequently.

Go to control panel, select performance and maintinance, then at the left side of the window choose system restore.

Choose the 'restore to earlier time' option and select when your game was last working and choose it. Your computer will go into a system restore screen with a loading bar. At this point do NOTHING!

Wait for your computer to start up once it has done this go to where your game was saved and copy the undamaged game to a usb memory stick or a floppy if your old fashioned enough! (No Offence) Don't forget to unplug your usb drive or take out your floppy disk once you are done!

Then Go back to control panel and select 'undo your last restoration' which takes you back to where you were but now you have a copy of your game when it was still working on a usb drive which you can put on your computer (I'd keep a backup of the one that didn't work just out of paranoia)

Hope you enjoy this tip - system restore is one of the greatest things about windows - there might be a mac equivelent - just look around

Good Luck,
Fox"

Quote: "system restore is one of the greatest things about windows - there might be a mac equivelent - just look around"
System restore mucks up your system even more.....

Please what ever you do never take this advise to restore a single piece of software....In fact never use system restore.Unless you have had a extreme system failure

Pointless Assault RC1 Demo
http://fileho.com/download/534fc0519603/pointless.rar.html
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 11:04 Edited at: 17th Apr 2007 11:18
I've done it lots of times - nothings ever gone wrong for me since I reverse it afterwards.

Sure it may CONFUSE you but if you choose reverse afterwards your fine!

I personally dont use this for everything I lose but I use it on major projects.

If you have spent a few weeks working on a level that is vital to your game and then it gets corrupted this is a fix for it - if you had spent 15 minutes - start again.

The More You Study The More You Know, The More You know The More You Forget, The More You Forget The Less You Know,
So Why Study?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 13:06
OR if you are feeling really adventurous... make numerous backups of your work and either store them on a usb flash drive or a re-writable cd... If you make a new backup for everyday you work on the project then the most you can lose is one days work...
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
which is a safer solution - this is for when you lose everything including backups!

So Why Study?
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 13:31
If ALL your backups are corrupted then you would have to be extremely unlucky... If you're serious about making a game then you should be making numerous backups.
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont backup

This is just a solution for those of you who spend ages working on a level and you have no backups!

So Why Study?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:21:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:21:32