Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkShader and DGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 12:43
Hi List,

I've posted several times on this list already about the DarkShader library, but haven't had any answers yet

Does the DarkShader library work with DGDK? And more importantly, how do they collaborate? Does DarkShader come with C libs?

Thanks,

Laz
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 20:25
The GDK works with Dark Shader. All you need to do is download the latest update which contains a lib for Dark Shader. Once you have that check out the example posted here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99464&b=22
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 22:30
can you use a regular dbp shader with GDK

if this is true then I am going to purchase the GDK right away.

thank you.
tivi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I canĀ“t get the DarkShader and the GDK to run together ( while the DBPRO Version work well )

with the Reflection sample I get an Effect Error : Error loading camera effect 'Blur.dbs'.

with the Bloom sample I get an Unhandled exception error at this line:

dbSetEffectConstantVector( 2, "ViewSize", 1 );

these are the warnings I get in release mode:

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 18:30
david w, yes. Shader file and code is the same, so you can use the same .fx file as dbp uses. Beware that some complex shaders needed of extra dbp code may be more difficult to port.

Dr Laz, nobody saw your post, because your posts don't move threads order, neither change its colour. That's due to your newbie profile status.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:18:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:18:27