Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / The sorus almost there

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 20:50
the first pupil beta of the sorus will be released soon just a couple of hours and a 3d model of the main character i it will be uploaded
Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/8e2ce249/bc/logo.jpg?bc6XVw.ALSzFxXyM[/img]
sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 21:59 Edited at: 17th May 2003 21:59
looks good, but have you textured the buildings, or are they remaining white?

[EDIT]
Probably should have mentioned, i mean it looks good from the screenies on your site which could just be old screenies for all i know

ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 23:40 Edited at: 18th May 2003 01:17
yep there really old now i will put date now but i am still wait for a modeler then it will be release (as much as they are handy sphere are just not the same and a fully animated main character)

sorry had problm with site so the images are are

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/dudemansoftware/lst?.dir=/screenshotes&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/

okay

Newbie Now; Expert Later
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 14:39
sorry go to

[href]
http://thesorus.freewebspace.com/newworldmap.htm[/href]

kay

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 16:11
im actually looking forward to when this has a playable demo with character model and everything You seem to be doing a great work! The texture transitions on the matrix are especially nice ^_^

The horizon line is a little jagged, but its livable with (and a higher resolution will prolly fix this) The interior of the house is quite nice, maybe some sort of a carpet texture would compliment it well on the floor? I also reconise that elf girl as muto's work (Yes, i know you drew that version ^_^) He did a very nice set of the tutorials there, keep praticing and you will get really good at that too ^_^

So yea, im looking forward to the demo!

p4 2.4ghz, 256ddr ram, Geforce4 MX 440
Innovate, redefine, recreate whats in your mind. It isnt fate, you decide, only you can cross that line.
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 17:27 Edited at: 18th May 2003 19:31
talking about muto (yes that where i learn to draw) the site is back up yea. also if you at familar with mutos work you will see that a lot of the background characters (not main character) and my versions of his work. the elf and the cta girls are the main one but all my anime drawing skills are there from his tutorials. the elf is v hard because of the thin eyes.
yeah any way i'm just kinda waiting for some one to make a model and then some proper collision and i am done send it off to the beta tester to see how much i should put in and then its done

Newbie Now; Expert Later
sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2003 00:21
http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/

brilliant tutorials there, i got really good at drawing manga from them, but im lazy and gave up drawing

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2003 00:27
same thing happened to me sicjoshsic

(Current)-Game entering concept art stages-
(progress)-Should have demo in 6 months latest-
(misc.)-Started modeling buildings and other objects-
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2003 12:20
ahh, i own some of these books ^_^

lol, dont give up guys Its taken me like 2 or more years to get where i am now and im still not particulary good at it But perserverance is the key!

Crystal, any luck finding a modeler for your character yet?

Innovate, redefine, recreate whats in your mind. It isnt fate, you decide, only you can cross that line.
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2003 19:56 Edited at: 19th May 2003 20:10
even with all the highp i been tring to stur up with screen shots and regular up dates no one has offer . when i start the RPG people keep telling me not to because it will take to long and you will get bored i have known from the start that the only point i might get bored was the wait for a modeler i have to make sure i do not start anything big now cause other wise the sorus will just become another failed RPG in my "my project" folder there are already several from my extremre newbie days.

modeler:
find any modelers read this plz click

http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=10405&b=9

thx for your time

kay keep post comment here it will hopefully stop me getting side tracked

and on drawing like start small if you play the game you will notice that all the characters are drawn forward only one i can really do. keep practice and just like muto says in a few year you will get good

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2003 22:35
lol, yes its all about pratice now when it comes to drawings. Theres little more tutorials can teach me (although theres always some new technique to learn when it comes to colouring and stuff) - if your intrested heres some of my recentish (its a couple of months or so old) artwork: http://www.spectural.com/ethis-finalS.jpg - begining to devlope my own style n things, still, quite a way to go before i could flag myself as "good".

Dont get side tracked from sorus, it would be such a shame if it got abandoned! Im sure a modeler will turn up for you soon enough ^^ alot of people are busy modeling for other games i guess, but one is bound to have some spare time soon.

Is there nothing that you can code to pass the time? How about some sort of weather system for Sorus? Like some big clouds rolling across the sky (not just a textured flat thing, think like the new zelda game, wind waker) and maybe some rain and things? Im sure you can find something to tart up

ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 00:06 Edited at: 20th May 2003 00:15
on the environment the game already has
real time
sun movements
sun sets
sun rises
nights
changing sky sphere
changing back drop colour
changeing fog distance
changeing fog colour
i have programed as much as i can the model request has been there from the start its only now that i have stoped programmin that i am really tring to get the model sorted.
i like the idea of rain though how i would do it would be hard. and already found that to create a prober effect for cloud sky sphere must be used instead of boxes. things a could work on are
dialoges need someone to proof read(porbally a family member)
house texture
menu coding (me and kentaree still trying to figure it out)
and rain
thats about it the game isn't finished it just i am waiting for some one to figure out the matrix prob i got with the cave mini game (trying to put in several mini games each one demostrating a key skill of games development e.g. programming, model (this is going to be so hard if i can't even get some one to model fropm the normal game) and stuff like that.

hey i like your picture especially the colour what porgram did you use and where did you learn

Newbie Now; Expert Later

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:44:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:44:36