Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Probem with Magic FPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, sorry about my poor english.

1)I have imported Colonel X in Magic FPS.
2)I have change his texture.
3)I save it.
4)And when I put him in my level, he reacts like a simple object not a character.
5)And I have a question : can I make the Humvee from mp1 like a character, because I want to follow a waypoint.

I would appreciate any help.

Lord of Chaos "The Rise and Death of the Lord"--- Working
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 16:05
Sometimes you have to re-rig, (re-animate) the charachters if you make them FPSC ready through Magic FPS. So if you are using lets say Dark Matter and importing a model from there, then you will have the model of the charachter, but you will need to provide everything to get that object to do what you want. ie. attack, duck, use certain actions etc. Magic FPS will make a model FPSC ready, but it does not necessarily transfer the scripts and the models actions with it. I hope this helps.

K.L. Phair
Dagoth Ur
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, PAS.

But can I re-animate in Character Studio too?

Lord of Chaos "The Rise and Death of the Lord"--- Working
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 18:57
You might check your .fpe file.If you imported Colonel X into Magic FPS and made these changes and saved it by default Magic FPS saves entities as static...not characters.
If Magic FPS retains the animation information and such (I don't use it to import animated stuff so I don't know) then you might refer to the good Colonel's original .fpe file to see what yours should look like.
Darkmatter models are different from FPSC stock models.
If you check out the Colonel's .fpe file it should also give you tips on how to make the humvee (or any entity) a character.

uber droid
Years of Service
User Offline
Magic FPS does not import animations It's just for static or physics objects.

--Shanon (uberdroid.com)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:22:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:22:52