Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Free segment makers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 17:12
Are there any FREE really good Segment makers ???

I dont understand how to use FPSC's Segment maker, and I cant sell my stuff with Signs IV cause I dident buy it yet....

Please help me, thanks.

www.Zorakgame.com a Classic in the making. Kick alien ass go to the strip bar and get some honeys, and goto that gun shop and buy some grenade launchers to blow up some alien scum.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 17:16
I believe the search box has some free segment makers

Signs 4 Lite Version.

Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 17:33
Thank you.

I will look into it now, I always just typed Signs 4, dident no there was a Lite version..

But ok I will look into it now.

Thanks again..

www.Zorakgame.com a Classic in the making. Kick alien ass go to the strip bar and get some honeys, and goto that gun shop and buy some grenade launchers to blow up some alien scum.
Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 17:39
I cant find any segment makers on the Search box LOL, ive looked and looked, I just find things I dont need to no....

anymore Suggestions ???

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 18:06
I don't know what everyones problem is with the TGC one. Yeah, you have to hit ctrl+c a crap load of times to get it to copy, but you can import much more then wall segments to it. I like using it to pre build map sections so they just click into place in FPSC. Don't get me wrong I love SignsIV to death, but theres something that the TGC one cant be beat for.

As for being free thats the only one. The only pay for ones are Magic and Signs.

Anyways good luck
Loc

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 02:27
You mean like a full size room Locrian? front room, bathroom etc.

Father Tree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 14:00
i always get a problem with the TGC one when i click to drag a floor down it closes the program down.

You gotta be all you can so...............
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 17:26 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2007 17:56
@Candle
I like the tgc for making outside buildings. Like specifically one section we have in in SinninSoul where a door is punched though a building face. I needed to have a sleeve that was CSG immune placed right where the door went so when the hole got punched you didn't get this spaztic uvmapping where the hole got punched. I was able to make the building and the sleeve the segment. This is kinda hard to do in Signs but easy to put together in the TGC segment creator. That building ended up being 3 pieces. The building face, one floor tile, and the sleeve to cover the CSG mess.

@Father Tree,
My bet is you have onboard graphics correct? No card or at least a very old card? Same thing happens on my other comp that has no card.

Edit: Few images to show the stuff I do in the TGC seg creator.

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 17:57 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2007 20:54
yes there are a very limited supply of segment makers, the tgc one is good enough but is only essential if you want to make special segments
and doesn't work with onboard graphics at all. So if your just looking to make normal segment go with the free version of signs. if you want to make terrain 3x3 segments or others go with the tgc one. nice pictures of what the tgc one can do. here are the three editors I have side by side.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
farmer jenkins
Years of Service
User Offline
magic fps is good

I have a dream. I dream of a world where all colors and races are treated equal,and where mac computers are nonexistend.
Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 16:11
Quote: "yes there are a very limited supply of segment makers, the tgc one is good enough but is only essential if you want to make special segments
and doesn't work with onboard graphics at all."

And doesn't work with a NVidia Geforce 5500 FX

http://www.gamestack.org
http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
http://onlinebookmarks.gamestack.org
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 18:58
It doesn't work with on board graphix cards.

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 07:17
magic fps
Signs
and No Frills!!!
I too am having problems with the TGC one, it's annoying me.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 01:37
Underside I used No Frills, and it's great but when I use while i'm using FPSC, it slows my computer way down, and can't use the textured segment till like I restart my computer.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:21:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:21:39