Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Creating Hostages?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have just downloaded the free trial of FPSC(First Person Shooter Creator). I would like to have a couple of questions answered.
1. Can you create online games?
2. Is it possible to create hostages in the game? And can you give them orders such as follow and hold position?
3. If it is possible to create an online game is there anyway to have an armory compared to the setting which is currently in the game. That is the pick-up guns on the map. I would like to have it so that you would have to choose one gun before the game starts. Then have the game seperated into rounds. After you die you can open the armory and choose a new weapon if you like. Or pick a weapon off an enemy's dead body?

Again this is my frist day and im only using the free trial. So if they arent possible in the free trial, which i think they will all be, then tell me if they are possible in the full version. Thank you all in advance for answering my questions.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 10:44
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 11:12
1. its been done, have no idea how though
2. theres a hostage model and script on the boards somewhere for FPSC
3. no

best of the rest!
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
1.You can create online Death Match game that supports max 8 players. This can be made simply by changin the game type to "arena". The MP is currently rather limited, and you cannot have SP+MP at the same time, but this can be faked.

2. You can create AI characters that follow you, and even tell them to stop, but only in single player -game. This also requires some scripting and custom stuff.

3. I'm not sure about this armory thing. It could be done, more like faked, but it's very hard (if even impossible) to create something like in CS, CoD or BF-games. I haven't tested FPSC's MP-things that much, but I'd say that these things are currently not possible.

The trial is based on a bit outdated version, and it doesn't have or does not support some features that fullversion (and especially latest updates) do. These are for example the physics system for entities, save/load game and many more.

You also cannot build your game on the Trial in order to share your games. You can only save your maps. The full version also comes with lots of extra material, like entities and segments that are not in the Trial, and like I said the full version can be upgraded with many official and user-made content.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 17:02
weapon selection screen is possible, but only, as far as I can tell with:

a) emptys mod, to set weapon variable values

b) having an entity that displays a armoury hud, and spawns weapons from key press selections

2goodforu
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for all of those answers! I will be buying the full version soon and hopefully can start upgrading the game. I have encountered some new problems that i wonder if they are fixable.

1. Create gun recoil.
2. Create models that taken certain amounts of damage when they are shot in certain areas. Such as a headshot is an instant kill and a body shot will account for more damage than a limb shot.
3. I have finished the first map but when i go in to test mode it lags alot. Is there anyway to fix this?

I have more questions but i just cant remember them. Those are the more important ones tho. Thank you all again.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 06:04 Edited at: 20th Apr 2007 06:27
3. Yes, there is a work around. (I am surpised at you saying no to this butters!)

Just set it up with teleports. (they appear static in multiplayer games, but they still work (in test anyway))

At the start of each "round" the player spawns in the armory (portal room).
Each portal represents a weapon choice. (the weapon is placed on the portal)
When the player steps in to select the weapon, they pick it up and are transported out of the armory. (begin level)

There, they just got to add a weapon, but only one.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
2goodforu
Years of Service
User Offline
very nice. I would have never thought of that. Thanks a bunch!
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 11:02
smart! very smart! I am impressed by your thinking man
I dont care if this wont work for some reason...but its still a very intelligent suggestion!

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Kyias
Years of Service
User Offline
Lets put it simple.

Everything you mentioned is possible. 100% possible, it has been done before.

The hardest one is the HUD for your Armory. The rest is simple. It will require some coding.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 22:37 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 22:39
Quote: "1. Create gun recoil.
2. Create models that taken certain amounts of damage when they are shot in certain areas. Such as a headshot is an instant kill and a body shot will account for more damage than a limb shot.
3. I have finished the first map but when i go in to test mode it lags alot. Is there anyway to fix this?"

1. If you mean a recoil that moves player a bit backwards and so on, not possible.

2. The current FPSC doesn't support hitboxes, so the damage is always the same no matter where ever you hit the enemies.

3. Notice that FPSC is still running in the background consuming memory when you're testing the game. The engine of FPSC is a quite "heavy", and does require quite a lot of memory to work properly, especially on higher settings and when full lightmapping and special effects are being used. Then there are some odd problems with the engine, like capped, animation synched framerate and the way the engine tends to render just about everything on the map all the time.

It's also very recommended to use minimal ammount of dynamic entities and lights in one map, use statics as often as possible, or make things like enemies spawn when player gets to a certain point. Especially AI characters (enemies) used to cause serious lag, forcing users to add only couple of enemies per room, but the version 1.05 did improve things alot.
MaxxGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 17:01
Can i tell that i had a FPS of over 70+ while testing a single level with settings all turned HIGH. Not to mention my PC is over 3 years old. Almost 4. However, i managed to get the GForce4 Titanium which was one of the best in those days. Shortly after that GForce stopped production and they divided the specs into 2 differend series. I feel very exclusive

Talking about it. Is there a way to limit the FPS to 30, because 70FPS is totaly unplayable. Im not that freaky fast.

FPSC looks fun. But is it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 11:18:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 11:18:19